Language learning thread

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
retarded answer. germany has a housing crisis. house prices have exploded over the last 10 years nationally but especially in munich, frankurt, hamburg and even berlin.

you would know this if you knew what you were talking about.

brits (who do not conform) say hi.

also conformity means no space for the brotherman.

you willl speak to police a lot more in germany.

oh for f*ck sake.

the levels of stupidity on this site.

oh for f*ck sake.

yes dummy.

oh for f*ck sake.

the levels of stupidity on this site.

-

do me a favour. stop babbling about things you do not understand.

:camby:

Why would you buy a house in Germany when you can rent ? Get this anglo-mortgage mentality outta here.

Brits are meek and duplicitious. They'll smile Infront of you and talk shyt behind your back or stay on some passive aggressive shyt. Germans call them slippery for a reason.

Where else in Europe are you going to go besides UK and Ireland and maybe some Nordic countries for tech ?

Instead of dismissing everything as stupidity because I disagree - how about you elaborate so I can understand where you're coming from ?

My point is learning German should be for economics only. This ancillary social sh!t you can compartmentalize and tap into immigrant communities there or just work remotely for a German company and live in an eastern european country with a low cost of living.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Do you know standard Spanish already or ?

If you do just listen to the music and news on YouTube to get the accent and slang
Nope, but my girls teaching me. She says I have to learn how to speak it first then it will come.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Nope, but my girls teaching me. She says I have to learn how to speak it first then it will come.
Ok cool

Honestly you can’t go wrong with learning standard Spanish. I’m not fluent but music and proximity help with learning the Caribbean dialect. And maybe stick to a specific country like PR or DR

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Ok cool

Honestly you can’t go wrong with learning standard Spanish. I’m not fluent but music and proximity help with learning the Caribbean dialect. And maybe stick to a specific country like PR or DR
Yeah I'll stick to that first, she's cuban when her family speaks i notice they drop the S when they speak and pronounce their R's like Ls.

I rate that DR Dembow, It sounds like old school dancehall even though idk what they're saying:yeshrug:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Duolingo been good to me until this update
It's damn near :flabbynsick: status now
They cut the stories and words learned sections, it's no longer sorted by subject, and the whole leveling up a subject part is gone. The lessons themselves seem more random and less engaging too.

I may need to let it go and continue somewhere else :mjcry:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Bump

How's everyone doing? I'm lacking heavy.

My girls mom speaks Spanish to me, I can understand like 50% of what she says, but that's house hold beginning spanish.. they're Cuban, so they're teaching me their way which is cool. She says I have to practice speaking more and stop answering in English

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I def dropped my lessons but now that I have my son we can learn together. I know French very well and Spanish pretty decent, I read a few basic and bigger books with him and understand a LOT better than I thought. Plus a few of his toys have multiple languages so gonna play with him on those when he gets about 6 months.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I started duolingo to learn Japanese, but I think i need a tutor. Having the conversation seems like it would be very beneficial to me in the beginning. DO any of you have experience with tutors/teachers online?