Large US City Black Populations ('21 ACS estimates)

FukkaPaidEmail

Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
This thread is once again exposing the fact that a lot of nikkas live in black communities in white cities’..but can’t accept it

If you’re from a truly black city the conversations on this topic is always hilarious.

Supper

All Star
Daps
Check this out if you get a chance, and gimmie ur thoughts on it, iydm.

My cut off line was principal cities of 750,000+ metropolitan areas. The cities that I didn't mention are smaller than that, that's all. I was really mentioning cities of size but yes, there are smaller cities especially in the South that have black populations above many larger cities...

It surgically breaks down migration patterns to and from various cities using I believe 2010-2020 census data(but don't quote me).

Made me reconsider my assumptions about a lotta cities black pops.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Check this out if you get a chance, and gimmie ur thoughts on it, iydm.

It surgically breaks down migration patterns to and from various cities using I believe 2010-2020 census data(but don't quote me).

Made me reconsider my assumptions about a lotta cities black pops.

This is dope! I'm gonna take my time exploring it, but it already affirms that most of us stay closer to home (within the same state or a 100-mile radius of where we grew up). I'm gonna see what else I can glean from this though!

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
@murksiderock Interesting data on changes in black homeowners vs renters.

Further down thread includes metropolitan stats.

Awesome shyt. Do you know how to embed those images on here?

When we have these conversations on where we live in this country, we absolutely have to discuss the factors in people leaving places and why. These factors may not necessarily preclude a place from being a great spot for us as a people, but if black folk are fleeing certain places by the thousands that has to be discussed and not limited to ad hominems...

All of this stuff is public info too, there are MANY articles written about the present day black experience in all of the major cities from a variety of angles. I hate that the majority of this board lacks the willingness or ability to have full-breathed, wide-ranging conversations about this...

Supper

All Star
Daps
Awesome shyt. Do you know how to embed those images on here?

When we have these conversations on where we live in this country, we absolutely have to discuss the factors in people leaving places and why. These factors may not necessarily preclude a place from being a great spot for us as a people, but if black folk are fleeing certain places by the thousands that has to be discussed and not limited to ad hominems...

All of this stuff is public info too, there are MANY articles written about the present day black experience in all of the major cities from a variety of angles. I hate that the majority of this board lacks the willingness or ability to have full-breathed, wide-ranging conversations about this...

To embed an image in your comment click on the individual image to get to it's particular url like so....

Then right click the image itself and choose copy image link(im on firefox but I assume it's the same on which ever browswer), then come back to your comment and click ctrl-p and paste the image link into the box like so......

FdTFcEfagAAw-8u

But, yeah. I agree there's definitely a dismissive tone I'm seeing from the commenters here void of any real nuisance based on a lotta ignorant assumptions(tbh I've been guilty of doing that at times tho too).

That's why it's good to drop this data in here to paint a clearer picture of the state of the black community is in various cities and more importantly hone in on the TRENDS- what direction are we HEADED, not where we WERE or just where we are at the moment.

Last edited:

HaitianPatty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
This thread is once again exposing the fact that a lot of nikkas live in black communities in white cities’..but can’t accept it

If you’re from a truly black city the conversations on this topic is always hilarious.
What are you talking about? Also I feel like a lot of people said what cities they are from in this thread?

What white cities did you notice? The fakkit Cadillac is from Phoenix Mexico Arizona

HaitianPatty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
@murksiderock Interesting data on changes in black homeowners vs renters.

Further down thread includes metropolitan stats.

Idk what the significance of those pictures are but all I really see are the numbers correlate with the cities seeing black migration vs cities seeing black flight.

So yea places like Detroit NYC and LA are obviously doing to have a decline in black homeowners who sold their home and black renters who probably can’t afford the high cost of living and relocate.