Larry Holmes Gardens welcomes Alex Rodriguez.....

Jeffrey Lebowski

i'm the dude
Daps
Reppin
He's done.

He's already announced he is retiring after his contract is up at the end of next season.
Alex turns 41 this summer...will be 42 at the end of his contract...and he's not playing at 43 years old.....even if he does...he's certainly not doing it on a Marlins team that doesn't have the DH position.

I'd normally say something here about jeff loria being a scumbag, but he's the only owner in the league who'll employ bonds rn and I have to begrudgingly give him respect for that.

Reallytho, I think I'd rather have the story of ARod clinging to the very last dollar he can get from the league chasing his own hitting coach's home run record as an hbo series than baseball reality

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah that whole steroid thing hurt him a bit. That hurt lots of players. Like look at Ryan Braun. Wasn't he involved in something like that? Haven't heard much about him lately anyways. As far as a-rod, I think it might just be a matter of staying healthy. Is he still playing the field? They should dh him if possible? Who's the dh if he isn't?
It's really hard to expect anything more than 20 HR from Alex.

ARod is taking the DH spot with Teixeira and Beltran getting ABs there too because of their age -- especially Beltran given that the Yankees have a surplus of outfielders with Aaron Hicks.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
It's really hard to expect anything more than 20 HR from Alex.

ARod is taking the DH spot with Teixeira and Beltran getting ABs there too because of their age -- especially Beltran given that the Yankees have a surplus of outfielders with Aaron Hicks.
Yeah I forgot about beltran. Yankees got lots of older players. Ellsbury old too. And I think they have a few others.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd normally say something here about jeff loria being a scumbag, but he's the only owner in the league who'll employ bonds rn and I have to begrudgingly give him respect for that.

Reallytho, I think I'd rather have the story of ARod clinging to the very last dollar he can get from the league chasing his own hitting coach's home run record as an hbo series than baseball reality
lol

It's a dirty business trying to defend A-Rod but I don't think he's really a dikk that just wants the money.
I think he is an insecure dude who cares way too much about whether people like him or not.

I don't think he's the type to stick around to get records. He's a dude who genuinely loves to play baseball.
He'll retire...then focus mostly on his businesses. But it wouldn't surprise me if he became a part-time contributor on the MLB Network or Fox. He was actually pretty good doing that last year in the postseason.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I forgot about beltran. Yankees got lots of older players. Ellsbury old too. And I think they have a few others.
Ellsbury isn't really that old.
He just can't tie his fukkin shoes without getting injured.

:heh:

Horoyoi

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Chavez Ravine
Yeah that whole steroid thing hurt him a bit. That hurt lots of players. Like look at Ryan Braun. Wasn't he involved in something like that? Haven't heard much about him lately anyways
Braun is a sociopath piece of shyt cheater and liar and I'm ashamed he comes from Cali. I feel bad for Brewers fans (if there are any here) that are forced to root for his fraud ass.. fukk him and anybody that loves him..
That said, I used to hate on A rod but at this point in his career I can't help but root for him and his fukkboi ways.. struggling or not