Late Pass: 12 years a slave was boring

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i saw it less than 24 hours ago and already forgot most of the story...It was interesting at first, but once he got to the plantations it just dragged on & on without the main story moving, i guess to show the 'authenticity' of plantation life but a repeat of the same shyt over & over without any twists or progression doesn't make for a good movie. :ehh: most of the positive reviews are coming from guilty cacs & tarantino haters 'omg this was such a realistic depiction of slavery' :camby:the point of movies is to entertain and it failed on that:manny:

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sorry that shyt couldn't have been the mystery/horror/supernatural-thriller/suspense/slavery movie that you always dreamt of breh

but it's based on a book that's based on real events.

:comeon:because no movie based on a true story was ever entertaining right? i know it was based on an autobiography(like i didn't know :rudy:) and all, but like i said, the point of movies is to entertain and it was boring.

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
:comeon:because no movie based on a true story was ever entertaining right? i know it was based on an autobiography(like i didn't know :rudy:) and all, but like i said, the point of movies is to entertain and it was boring.
It was entertaining bruh and lots of people obviously think so, including myself.

You can't please everyone I guess.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
It was alright, but overrated. Not something I would watch again.

How they gonna have the two stars not even be African-American though? :comeon:

Kenyans weren't even slaves in the Americas. :comeon:

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaking of the Kenyan i was waiting to see the Lupita chick & when she popped up half way through the movie she was barely recognizable without her make up :gag: cacs & c00ns talking bout 'omg oscar winning performance' for laying on her back & getting raped by a cac :camby:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Speaking of the Kenyan i was waiting to see the Lupita chick & when she popped up half way through the movie she was barely recognizable without her make up :gag: cacs & c00ns talking bout 'omg oscar winning performance' for laying on her back & getting raped by a cac :camby:
And dudes on here keep calling her a natural beauty.

Rvthg5S.jpg

Kae3owd.jpg

Yea, right. :mjlol:

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the movie was great. but when i read on here that people thought that lupita chick was a "natural beauty" i knew something fishy was going on. yall n1ggas cant be serious.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The rape scene lasted a few seconds and you couldn't see anything for the most part, as it was very dark. You reducing her entire performance to a non important event that happened in the film is absolutely absurd. And very creepy this clip even stayed with you like that.