Late Pass: 12 years a slave was boring

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Woulda helped if they at least put a caption of years throughout the movie…felt like all that shyt happened in a week. Then he's back home and everyone is grown and he has a grandkid. Had me like :wtf: . Also him never at least growing a beard or 5 o'clock shadow had me even more :what:

Reverend Jesse Jackson

Somebody I Am
Daps
Woulda helped if they at least put a caption of years throughout the movie…felt like all that shyt happened in a week. Then he's back home and everyone is grown and he has a grandkid. Had me like :wtf: . Also him never at least growing a beard or 5 o'clock shadow had me even more :what:

:ohhh: I was saying one the slaves must cut a nice fade.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
And dudes on here keep calling her a natural beauty.

Rvthg5S.jpg

Kae3owd.jpg

Too skinny, but far from ugly.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Were these pics supposed to disprove anything?

She's playing a beaten up slave breh. Its like posting pics of Charlize Theron in Monster and saying she's not a natural beauty.
But you guys post pics when she has a pound of make up on her face to hide her flaws? How is that any different?

Sorry but nothing you say can convince me that this chick is attractive.

VGs01lz.jpg

Last edited:

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
But you guys post pics when she has a pound of make up on her face to hide her flaws? How is that any different?

Sorry but you or anyone else can't tell me anything that would convince me that this chick is attractive.

VGs01lz.jpg

She looks better with no make up and a darker skin. Doesn't look really good in this pic.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

:ragdahel:Bondsmen had ways to cut their hair

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Sorry but nothing you say can convince me that this chick is attractive.

VGs01lz.jpg
Idiots like you don't need convincing, you need therapy. And don't quote me fakkit.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
MercedesRollingEyes.gif

I saw it too finally last night but I disagree with HALF of OP's opinion of the film. I thought it was great but I don't think that African chick is better looking than Elle Varner :comeon:

I'd take her out though :manny:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
It was alright, but overrated. Not something I would watch again.

How they gonna have the two stars not even be African-American though? :comeon:

Kenyans weren't even slaves in the Americas. :comeon:
:what: thats like saying why was mel gibson (who is an australian) cast as scot (william wallace)

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
saw this on tuesday and as i thought all the praise its been getting is from guilty whites (afraid to speak negatively in fear of being called a racist) and blacks so thirsty for idols they are calling blackexcellence in a film about slavery :what: truth be told it was average as fuk and very by the numbers.The male lead was competent but for a movie of this nature competent isnt good enough..Dude was outshone by a that earlier slave, female co-slave, a slave master and his wife :why: Worst of all the movie just didnt feel grand, roots was made 30 years ago and that destroys this on every level