Latinos running blacks out of Compton? LA Brehs... What's going on?

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
I'm one of those blacks that moved out, and it wasn't the 80s, it was the mid 90s after the riots for your information, and yes we used to bully the mexicans I remember that shyt clear as fukking day.

We moved out for the reasons I listed, if you want to discredit that, considering you STILL live in an predominately black area, and not the areas where blacks moved (amirite?) you should be listening, instead of talking.

:why:
I just gave you the reasons why we left. My hood used to be shared with the very ws/18s that started beef with BPS, Geer gang crips were who controlled our area, we had the numbers and the lil knuckle heads from hs used to bully the mexicans. One day LAPD targeted GGC, and cleaned them out. 18 at that time used to initiate a shyt load new people,, they were an extention of the pico click, I saw that shyt weekly while walking home from school. Within 2 years, I went from walking around calmly to having latinos 'paying back the favor'. I'd get out of school and have these lil eses waiting for us to get off the bus. Just like we used to do to them. When the new stores got built, they were only hiring hispanics, and LAPD were only arresting GGC. it was fukking strange. we didn't like that shyt, so we bailed out. I still had mexicans homies tho, and they told me about the new beef between BPS and how they were cleansing the area between Adams and Rodeo. FINALLY LAPD is shutting them down but thats after their main leader got killed (internally)...prolly no more LAPD bribes who knows.

you're a youngster, most blacks moving out owned homes in tha area, they didn't move out because of latino gangs

blacks would get off tha bus and be targeted by other black gangs, tha violence wuz WAY higher in those days 80's, 90's than it is now

latinos moving in Los Angeles have made it way safer, their homicide rate is 3x lower than blacks (take LA's homicide rate right now and multiply it by 3) thats how it would be if tha latinos hadn't moved in...

you moved out due to gang activity thats wut u saying, but i'm telling u that it wuz even worse when it wuz black on black, might of been dead by now if u came up in tha 80s early 90s era, and it woulda probably been at tha hands of Geer, School Yard, west blvd, 30, 40, or any other BPS enemy

and no i'm from the east side (the area in question), and you from the west (predominatley black)

again how long has your family been in Los Angeles? aren't you african?

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
I'm one of those blacks that moved out, and it wasn't the 80s, it was the mid 90s after the riots for your information, and yes we used to bully the mexicans I remember that shyt clear as fukking day.

We moved out for the reasons I listed, if you want to discredit that, considering you STILL live in an predominately black area, and not the areas where blacks moved (amirite?) you should be listening, instead of talking.

:why:
I just gave you the reasons why we left. My hood used to be shared with the very ws/18s that started beef with BPS, Geer gang crips were who controlled our area, we had the numbers and the lil knuckle heads from hs used to bully the mexicans. One day LAPD targeted GGC, and cleaned them out. 18 at that time used to initiate a shyt load new people,, they were an extention of the pico click, I saw that shyt weekly while walking home from school. Within 2 years, I went from walking around calmly to having latinos 'paying back the favor'. I'd get out of school and have these lil eses waiting for us to get off the bus. Just like we used to do to them. When the new stores (post riots reconstruction) got built, they were only hiring hispanics, and LAPD were only arresting GGC. it was fukking strange. we didn't like that shyt, so we bailed out. I still had mexicans homies tho, and they told me about the new beef between BPS and how they were cleansing the area between Adams and Rodeo. FINALLY LAPD is shutting them down but thats after their main leader got killed (internally)...prolly no more LAPD bribes who knows.

You lived in mid city?

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
you're a youngster, most blacks moving out owned homes in tha area, they didn't move out because of latino gangs

blacks would get off tha bus and be targeted by other black gangs, tha violence wuz WAY higher in those days 80's, 90's than it is now

latinos moving in Los Angeles have made it way safer, their homicide rate is 3x lower than blacks (take LA's homicide rate right now and multiply it by 3) thats how it would be if tha latinos hadn't moved in...

you moved out due to gang activity thats wut u saying, but i'm telling u that it wuz even worse when it wuz black on black, might of been dead by now if u came up in tha 80s early 90s era, and it woulda probably been at tha hands of Geer, School Yard, west blvd, 30, 40, or any other BPS enemy

and no i'm from the east side (the area in question), and you from the west (predominatley black)

again how long has your family been in Los Angeles? aren't you african?
half african half creole. My father has been in LA since the early 70s via N.O. and my mother since 78'. I was born early 80s.

My mom moved right after middle school so I didn't get caught up. however my cousins weren't so lucky and join BPS after I left. Of course the b vs b gang wars were worse, but we didn't leave because of that, otherwise nikkas would been lef after Tookie and them started beefing with the bloods, and South LA would have NEVER been predominately black. The latinos brought another dynamics, and took away jobs that hurt both 'drug buyers' and 'regular joes', see where Im getting at?

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
You lived in mid city?

La Brea and Jefferson.

one of the times I visited in 2004, my homie, a break dancer got shot in the face by 18 while fighting with them over by fais do dos. that was during their cleansing campaign. Thats why I get so pissed off when mufukkas wanna tell me I dont know what Im talkin about.

I been around latinas and my cousins my whole life. My cousin was at my crib in the desert giving me the 411 on the jungles just 2 months ago while I was visiting. I was cruising both Compton AND Firestone area just 2 months ago. I'm headed back home monday but Im going to be on the westside near venice this time. for about a month

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
half african half creole. My father has been in LA since the early 70s via N.O. and my mother since 78'. I was born early 80s.

My mom moved right after middle school so I didn't get caught up. however my cousins weren't so lucky and join BPS after I left. Of course the b vs b gang wars were worse, but we didn't leave because of that, otherwise nikkas would been lef after Tookie and them started beefing with the bloods, and South LA would have NEVER been predominately black. The latinos brought another dynamics, and took away jobs that hurt both 'drug buyers' and 'regular joes', see where Im getting at?

i think we're going in circles here

your making it seem that latino gangs is why blacks are moving out, and i'm saying that latino gangs in south central, compton, and watts have never been a threat to blacks as a whole and THAT IS NOT tha reason blacks are moving out

you still haven't named one latino gang that was pushing blacks out in the late 80s, thats when blacks started to leave South Central, Compton....

blacks wanted to escape the ghetto and move to better places, its going on up and down california

you still haven't gave a reason why Oakland is going through tha same transition even though blacks and latinos get along over there

you still haven't refuted tha fact that 90% of homicides in LA/Compton are of tha same race, but blacks are moving out because of latino gangs? :comeon:

tha ONLY communities that i can say where blacks might move out due to latino gangs, are historically non-black areas of southern california, places in tha valley etc... places where blacks have historically never lived and some of tha gangs there are on that racist shyt, 1 black family moves in the nieghborhood and they are targeted etc..

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
i think we're going in circles here

your making it seem that latino gangs is why blacks are moving out, and i'm saying that latino gangs in south central, compton, and watts have never been a threat to blacks as a whole and THAT IS NOT tha reason blacks are moving out
I wasnt the one that said that was the sole reason, I said it was one of the reason however it was far more complex than that. re-read playa.

you still haven't named one latino gang that was pushing blacks out in the late 80s, thats when blacks started to leave South Central, Compton....
that's because its recent, but I can give great examples of pasadena or other areas. mid-city, westside, pacoima are great examples.

you still haven't gave a reason why Oakland is going through tha same transition even though blacks and latinos get along over there
I can't give a reason because im not familiar with those areas, Im speaking on what i know.

you still haven't refuted tha fact that 90% of homicides in LA/Compton are of tha same race, but blacks are moving out because of latino gangs? :comeon:
for sure they are however when crossing racial lines its quite lopsided no?

tha ONLY communities that i can say where blacks might move out due to latino gangs, are historically non-black areas of southern california, places in tha valley etc... places where blacks have historically never lived and some of tha gangs there are on that racist shyt, 1 black family moves in the nieghborhood and they are targeted etc..
so theyre running to places like SBV...then getting ran out, thats any different??????

I dont know why you're down playing what is what it is....

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I wasnt the one that said that was the sole reason, I said it was one of the reason however it was far more complex than that. re-read playa.

that's because its recent, but I can give great examples of pasadena or other areas. mid-city, westside, pacoima are great examples.

I can't give a reason because im not familiar with those areas, Im speaking on what i know.

for sure they are however when crossing racial lines its quite lopsided no?

so theyre running to places like SBV...then getting ran out, thats any different??????

I dont know why you're down playing what is what it is....

i understand what you are saying you arent wrong but xtra is sort of more right, you are correct that there have been incidents but fundamentally black people are not being run out of LA by latino gangs

latino gangs are not the fundamental reason for the demographic shift, i know you will say you did not say that, but you gotta understand that people just read the headline in the thread, but by bringing up incidents it makes it seems like you are co-signing the thread title, and the thread title is not correct

black people moved out of la because they felt like it (they got money or got tired of black gangs) and because of a huge influx of legal and illegal immigrants from mexico and central america, its not latino gangs that are driving the demographic shift

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
i understand what you are saying you arent wrong but xtra is sort of more right, you are correct that there have been incidents but fundamentally black people are not being run out of LA by latino gangs

latino gangs are not the fundamental reason for the demographic shift, i know you will say you did not say that, but you gotta understand that people just read the headline in the thread, but by bringing up incidents it makes it seems like you are co-signing the thread title, and the thread title is not correct

black people moved out of la because they felt like it (they got money or got tired of black gangs) and because of a huge influx of legal and illegal immigrants from mexico and central america, its not latino gangs that are driving the demographic shift
no. because they would have moved out before I was even born. the crips and bloods flair up was waaay before the 90s and NWA days. 90s were nothing near the death tolls of the 70s and 80s when things really got poppin. It's no coincidence people started leaving as mexicans became the dominate.

you can't be like "oh yea it was because of the black gangs, but yea, also because mexicans started moving in because blacks didnt want to be around them.. you have to pick one, and if you state the latter than you're admitting it was the mexicans.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
no. because they would have moved out before I was even born. the crips and bloods flair up was waaay before the 90s and NWA days. 90s were nothing near the death tolls of the 70s and 80s when things really got poppin. It's no coincidence people started leaving as mexicans became the dominate.

you can't be like "oh yea it was because of the black gangs, but yea, also because mexicans started moving in because blacks didnt want to be around them.. you have to pick one, and if you state the latter than you're admitting it was the mexicans.

i dont see why i have to pick one

but the fundamental reason is a big influx of mexicans, i have said that repeatedly but there is a difference between a bunch of mexicans moving in and black people getting run out by latino gangs

LA is always undergoing demographic shifts, for example a lot of white people (that can afford it) are leaving LA and moving to San Diego, now you can describe it 2 ways, you can say white people got ran out, or you can say white people got tired of mexicans and moved to a more comfortable area

if black people were moving to a worse situation i would describe it as they got ran out, but to me black people in southern cali dont have it that bad so i dont think we are getting ran out, we are just moving on up

i think that saying black people got ran out of la is an inaccurate description of whats going on

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sure it was technically a gang, and if you wish to call then a gang then go ahead, but some gangs are more serious than others, just becuase a group of people call themselves a gang doesn't mean they are going around murdering and selling drugs

If they are going around beating people up that is a different than selling drugs and murdering people

Its true that I don't know for sure but I'm going off the fact that the gang wasnt named and the way their actions were described, it doesnt seem like it was a real gang, my definition of real

If you want to lump all gangs together then go ahead, I won't, I think there is a difference between local crews and actual gangs
dont know where you're from world, but i'm from L.A. a crew that beats up people, a gang that beats up people. = the same thing to me. there have been a many of crew that started out real innocent, then some idiot wants to go to far and start stuff with other people and now they have beef or they go around bothering innocent people. at that moment you are a Gang(in the negative sense). because you can also be a crew and be a gang in a positive sense. its just a group of people of like minds.

so miss us all with the semantics. crew/gang/click/group. call em what you want to. if you're a menace to society, what does it matter? it doesnt.

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
92 had tha highest homicide rate in Los Angeles, I think you arguing just to argue at this point, in other words :troll:ing, you in China with nothin better to do, I got shyt to do today u just wasting my time right now

:what: why do you have to pick one? They are both tha major reasons why blacks are leaving Los Angeles

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
i dont see why i have to pick one

but the fundamental reason is a big influx of mexicans, i have said that repeatedly but there is a difference between a bunch of mexicans moving in and black people getting run out by latino gangs

LA is always undergoing demographic shifts, for example a lot of white people (that can afford it) are leaving LA and moving to San Diego, now you can describe it 2 ways, you can say white people got ran out, or you can say white people got tired of mexicans and moved to a more comfortable area

if black people were moving to a worse situation i would describe it as they got ran out, but to me black people in southern cali dont have it that bad so i dont think we are getting ran out, we are just moving on up

i think that saying black people got ran out of la is an inaccurate description of whats going on
lets see how you feel about that when your area becomes predominately hispanic and you can't find a job or apt.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
dont know where you're from world, but i'm from L.A. a crew that beats up people, a gang that beats up people. = the same thing to me. there have been a many of crew that started out real innocent, then some idiot wants to go to far and start stuff with other people and now they have beef or they go around bothering innocent people. at that moment you are a Gang(in the negative sense). because you can also be a crew and be a gang in a positive sense. its just a group of people of like minds.

so miss us all with the semantics. crew/gang/click/group. call em what you want to. if you're a menace to society, what does it matter? it doesnt.

well i already answered daze later in the thread, i acknowledged that this was a gang and my use of the term "real gang" was my own definition, so both you and daze are technically correct

but like you described, a lot of gangs start out more innocently and they grow into something more menacing so IMO there is nothing wrong with using semantics do describe those different stages, so i feel i am correct in differentiating between a gang and a "real gang"

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
:what: why do you have to pick one? They are both tha major reasons why blacks are leaving Los Angeles

who said I was picking one, Im the mufukka that said it was more complex than that. :mindblown:

china doesnt mean im out of touch with relatives. :mindblown: