Lauryn Hill had 1 great album...she can't be GOAT

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Rap is the only genre of music having one album is looked down on and I don’t understand that shyt. Jazz collectives form, put out an album, tour and dip. Punk/hardcore bands put out one album and do the same.

Her album was impactful for damn near 30 yrs, regardless if you like it or not, that’s saying something.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Rap is the only genre of music having one album is looked down on and I don’t understand that shyt. Jazz collectives form, put out an album, tour and dip. Punk/hardcore bands put out one album and do the same.

Her album was impactful for damn near 30 yrs, regardless if you like it or not, that’s saying something.
Ain't no one looking down in her only having one album. But if we're ranking her on a list of goats bodies of work are to be compared...she only has 1 submission

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think Lauryn is an amazing talent, but Miseducation isn't as great as what most make it. There are some great songs of course, and some duds as well.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Ain't no one looking down in her only having one album. But if we're ranking her on a list of goats bodies of work are to be compared...she only has 1 submission

I didn’t say you looked down on her personally, breh - I was talking about the idea of discrediting an artist for only having one album is stupid. Regardless if she had one album or 10, it’s still meaningful album.

Sidebar: who ranks her as a GOAT? I’ve heard people say she was influential but, never a GOAT.