Lauryn Hill had 1 great album...she can't be GOAT

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I might even put The Score ahead of Miseducation in terms of cohesiveness/flow from beginning to end. But the high's on Miseducation are superior to The Score.

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
Revisionist clown thread....:scust: When Lauryn Hill dropped Miseducation after what the Fugees had already did wit The Score...she was seen as ascending toward being one of the GOATs. No one could've forseen how her career would pan out or how she would turn so reclusive. She willingly self-sabotaged her own career...which is fine...:manny:When she was called upon to drop product tho...she was part of two of the biggest hip-hop albums of all-time.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rap is the only genre of music having one album is looked down on and I don’t understand that shyt. Jazz collectives form, put out an album, tour and dip. Punk/hardcore bands put out one album and do the same.

Her album was impactful for damn near 30 yrs, regardless if you like it or not, that’s saying something.
:dahell:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
People didn't talk all that "GOAT" bullshyt back then.

That's the new "can't produce any dope shyt so lets look back and hate on the previous generations"

Generation......:russell:

Lord Mecca

Eyes May Shine
Daps
Y'all trippin if y'all say Lauryn wasn't seen as goat status during her run
GOAT of WHAT!? You still didn't answer the question. Who are we comparing her to!? We never compared her to Rakim, Nas, Big Daddy Kane... so GOAT status of WHAT!?

Ain't nobody saying anything about "GOAT" in 1999... lol where does this come from

You guys like comparing popularity with this "GOAT" status business smh

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
unfortunately theres not alot of females with extended, dope catalogues

Remi fukked herself (and is not a great music maker)
Rah Digga's shyt was cool, but then she faded out and when she came back the beats werent as sharp
Bahamadia went self-produced route after awhile, to no real tangible results

ill let guys a bit older than me comment on Rox or Lyte, thats a bit before my day im not as up on their material

makes me root for Rapsody more, she makes good music and has a good spirit to her stuff

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Lauryn is an amazing talent, but Miseducation isn't as great as what most make it. There are some great songs of course, and some duds as well.
Naaaahhh, Miseducation is as great as it’s perceived, she went off on the Score too, and she got a couple classics singles from soundtracks and compilation albums and let’s not forget her unplugged. With that said she’s still not GOAT cuz her catologue ain’t long enough, she GOAT female though :yeshrug:

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Naaaahhh, Miseducation is as great as it’s perceived, she went off on the Score too, and she got a couple classics singles from soundtracks and compilation albums and let’s not forget her unplugged. With that said she’s still not GOAT cuz her catologue ain’t long enough, she GOAT female though :yeshrug:
I respect your opinion and I respect the impact that it has made on music, but I don't think it's a 10/10 album.