Mixtapes & EPs LE$ - For The Summer EP

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It's funny that you say that because the only thing that's changed between now and then is that he learned how to produce and he has been producing his own shyt. He's not as good as his producer Mr. Rogers so his music took a step back. :mjlol:

While he was with Jet Life he actually was still droppin good stuff, Expansion Pack, ACE, Steak and Shrimp 1 and 2 were all pretty good.

I'd say the fall off didn't begin until he tried to do a "mainstream" album with Olde English
I don't know man. I think a lot of yall are really overestimating how much influence Curren$y had with him. I mean yea he was cool with them featured on some songs and guest spots but he wasn't super involved with JetLife like that. Don't give them that credit. That was mostly him and his hustle along with Jorgey for videos,merch and visuals. They were around and he used the same producers he always used (Happy Perez and DJ Mr. Rogers) for most of his projects. Hell his best album Technoviolet was after he already walked away. His run from 2016-2020 has been pretty damn good if you ask me (minus Olde English of course. I don't know what happened with that). shyt at one point he was putting out better music than Curren$y specifically 2016-2018.

E36: Technoviolet
Catalina Wine Mixer
CHICO
Texas Rattlesnake
Summer Madness
Midnight Club
Lost In Japan
Steak and Shrimp 3
Expansion Pack 2.0
Gran Turismo 2
Original Playa
Lifestyle
LoFi

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I don't know man. I think a lot of yall are really overestimating how much influence Curren$y had with him. I mean yea he was cool with them featured on some songs and guest spots but he wasn't super involved with JetLife like that. Don't give them that credit. That was mostly him and his hustle along with Jorgey for videos,merch and visuals. They were around and he used the same producers he always used (Happy Perez and DJ Mr. Rogers) for most of his projects. Hell his best album Technoviolet was after he already walked away. His run from 2016-2020 has been pretty damn good if you ask me (minus Olde English of course. I don't know what happened with that). shyt at one point he was putting out better music than Curren$y specifically 2016-2018.

E36: Technoviolet
Catalina Wine Mixer
CHICO
Texas Rattlesnake
Summer Madness
Midnight Club
Lost In Japan
Steak and Shrimp 3
Expansion Pack 2.0
Gran Turismo 2
Original Playa
Lifestyle
LoFi

I didn't say he was better with Jet Life, I said it was a mutually beneficial relationship because it put a lot of people on to him.

I DO think his music has dropped off but that's BECAUSE he stopped using his regular producers as often and started prodicing himself. I didn't associate that fall off with leaving Jet Life.

If he improves as a producer I'm sure the nusic will get better. He's going through that new producer phase we all go through.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I didn't say he was better with Jet Life, I said it was a mutually beneficial relationship because it put a lot of people on to him.

I DO think his music has dropped off but that's BECAUSE he stopped using his regular producers as often and started prodicing himself. I didn't associate that fall off with leaving Jet Life.

If he improves as a producer I'm sure the nusic will get better. He's going through that new producer phase we all go through.
Yea my bad and I actually agree. I actually think he needs to stay away from production. Tell you the truth and even though I love Mr. Rogers his production get stale too with the same old tired samples at times but he's slowly stepping away from that. It sounds like LE$ just took Rogers old drum/sample kit from 2012 and doing his best impersonation. Jetlife did get him more exposure but I think his issue was them (specifically Mousa) trying to hold back his releases/merch and not promote his shyt. Kind of the same way Spitta was doing with Young Roddy and Trademark. Curren$y was getting the looks and promotion but everyone else fell by the wayside.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yea my bad and I actually agree. I actually think he needs to stay away from production. Tell you the truth and even though I love Mr. Rogers his production get stale too with the same old tired samples at times but he's slowly stepping away from that. It sounds like LE$ just took Rogers old drum/sample kit from 2012 and doing his best impersonation. Jetlife did get him more exposure but I think his issue was them (specifically Mousa) trying to hold back his releases/merch and not promote his shyt. Kind of the same way Spitta was doing with Young Roddy and Trademark. Curren$y was getting the looks and promotion but everyone else fell by the wayside.

Yeah very few artists I think benefitted from actually joining Jet Life, most of the artists that did benefit from working with them were just associate acts that got features here and there like Smoke DZA, Scotty ATL, Mark Battles, etc.

I'm not mad at him producing because everybody gotta start somewhere and he's actually really good for a beginner, it took me a solid year or 2 to get to where he is now at sampling (but obv I didn't have a legit producer to learn from, just youtube), but he should have self awareness and realize that if he isn't ready yet he needs to keep learning and let his real producers do the heavy lifting. On the tracks he produces the man reuses the same 808s on like 85% of the tracks and it sounds like shyt. :mjlol: