Leaked iPhone 12 pics: Smaller notch, home screen widgets & camera redesign

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Disappointing, I thought they were dropping the notch with the next one.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Disappointing, I thought they were dropping the notch with the next one.
Where would they put Face ID lol

Notch is a non issue to me, I don’t notice it.
Would I prefer not to have one yeah but not a big deal I don’t get all the hate

Daps
This is a good year to skip buying a new phone

my iPhone 6s plus is still good for another year :win:

You would benefit from the phone they dropped to day ....and it's only 399 it a good phone . My brother work for Verizon and say it will be an upgrade for like you with one of them older apple phones

Daps
Where would they put Face ID lol

Notch is a non issue to me, I don’t notice it.
Would I prefer not to have one yeah but not a big deal I don’t get all the hate

Naw that LeBron James hairline on a phone anit the wave . Especially when you have phones like the one plus 7 pro that is full screen and 90hz refresh rate . nikkas gotta stop acting like a full screen phones isnt possible . I don't like face ID and never have .

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps
Daps
After this year's iPhone it will be a while before I upgrade . Unless next they go full screen other than that want be upgrading .:francis:

Krazy

Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Naw that LeBron James hairline on a phone anit the wave . Especially when you have phones like the one plus 7 pro that is full screen and 90hz refresh rate . nikkas gotta stop acting like a full screen phones isnt possible . I don't like face ID and never have .
Nobody said a full screen isn’t possible, it’s just not possible with FaceID.

So again I’ll ask where will they put FaceID?

Daps
Nobody said a full screen isn’t possible, it’s just not possible with FaceID.

So again I’ll ask where will they put FaceID?

Under the screen at the top...I'm in the military I could give many reason you shouldn't be letting a phone scan your face but whatever. Just like I don't like the whole 3D scan your home shyt Apple has now ...

Krazy

Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Under the screen at the top...I'm in the military I could give many reason you shouldn't be letting a phone scan your face but whatever. Just like I don't like the whole 3D scan your home shyt Apple has now ...

That’s great and all but meh I have bigger things to worry about than apple scanning my face.

In response to those videos...That technology is still a way off. With the current technology the image quality of the front camera would be awful and definitely wouldn’t be suitable for the likes of FaceID and would be a step down from the current front cameras on devices.
Lu Weibing says the whole smartphone industry is working hard on the solution but despite Xiaomi showcasing its prototype in 2019 with under-screen camera, there are two main factors that need to be considered. First, the pixel density of modern displays is too high to accommodate a camera underneath as it blocks too much light. The PPI appears to play a significant role in the camera's light transmittance, which brings us to the second hurdle.

The light transmittance of current in-screen cameras is too low and combined with the high PPI, very little light reaches the sensor. That means the image quality isn't anywhere near the one offered by regular cameras. Researchers are still looking for a way to achieve high PPI without interfering with the camera's light transmittance.
Xiaomi's VP explains why under-screen cameras aren't coming anytime soon

Furthermore Apple has several components that make up Face ID, it’s not a single component. So as it stands it’s either a notch or a bezels I’ll happily take a notch...

Last edited: