LeBron/AD Truths...

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
You know LeBron has to play defense on the other end, right? You know Aaron Gordon scored a career high in the playoffs 29 points and horsed 15 rebounds, right? You know that was LeBron's cover?

Here's the problem that no Bron stan seems to acknowledge, his offensive efficiency comes at the expense of defense. And I'm not shytting on him for it, because he's 39 years old. I'm shytting on you and every other Bron stan that acts like LeBron doesn't have any liabilities when that's completely inaccurate.

It's oftentime, not always, but oftentimes 4 on 5 for the Lakers on the defensive end, because of LeBron's age. And it's 3 on 5 when Russell is having a shyt game on both the offensive and especially defensive end.
Comments like this, make me realize that people don't actually watch these games and understand the context of what is happeneing

The Lakers are doubling on the catch from both Murray and Jokic.. when you do that you need to heavy rotate. This has been a theme since Game 1. The Nuggets are going to have a counter, this is playoff basketball. They aren't just going to sit back and allow the double to happen with no repurcussions.

So when the double does come, IMMEDIATELY Gordon flashes to rim and the scramble allows an easy basket at the rim. Some of this is on LeBron, but that's the consequences of doubling consistently. There is always going to be a counter to what you do consistently

And the only answer the Lakers had was to stop doubling on the catch as much later in the game, which is why they it wasn't happening as often

LeBron is the Lakers 2nd best defensive player on the floor and it's not close. I'm sitting here reading comments about him being a detriment... what the fuk do you think DLO is?? What the fuk do you think Reaves is?? What the fuk do you think Rui is??

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Yall missed my point. I made this thread about LeBron and AD but nowhere did I say that LeBron and AD are the reason the Lakers are losing this series...

What i said was:

•Anthony Davis is consistently whupped by Jokic. When he got got here people said he was a Top 5 player in the NBA, he's not that and he never was that prior to the Lakers. A Top 5 player could hold his own with Jokic. A Top 5 player could get some games off these Nuggets and Jokic in two series. A Top 5 player would have long taken the reins of this team...

I'm saying we can now stop the hyperbole about Anthony Davis. He's a second-tier superstar and always has been...

•we've seen Bron with rosters like this when he was younger, second tier superstar #2 with inconsistent teammates. He won many playoff series with this roster, made multiple Finals runs with this roster, won a championship in 2016 with this roster...

So we already know that Young Bron could get games off these Nuggets and is at least 50/50 to win 1 of 2 series bs these Nuggets. So what I'm pointing out is that he obviously isn't strong enough to overcome mediocre coaching and average roster support anymore...

Nowhere did I say they are the reasons the Lakers are losing. I remember when Bron was great enough to win this series himself, I remember when he wasn't just fighting to make a low playoff seed every year, and watching him continue to play without that same impact is frustrating...

By the way, I've been saying I'm ready for him to retire. The NBA is in a great place. He no longer has the same on court impact. Let this shyt go...

We can talk about the supporting cast all day, talk about Ham and whoever. I agree it's everyone else losing this series for them. I'm just solely acknowledging that Bron is no longer enough to overcome a superior opponent, and Davis has never been the hype we gave him...
LeBron was good enough to win a series by himself because he wasn't playing against anyone significant

Demar/Lowry Raptors
Oladipo Pacers
Rookie Tatum Celtics/Marcus Smart and IT Celtics
The Jeff Teague Hawks
The Jimmy Butler/post-surgery D-Rose Bulls
Pre-superstar Giannis/Jabari Parker bucks

Closest thing to something of a contender were the Paul George Pacers
he'd still very much struggle, but the entire eastern conference wasn't contending for about half a decade :manny:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Stop talking like u was alive in 69 and familiar with the climate cause u watched a YouTube video :comeon:

I'm sure all the diehard Lakers fans would much rather have a bubble championship during which everyone was banned from having a celebration, rather than a real live championship won over the Knicks and 4 other finals appearances. They would much rather watch Lebron stat pad and top off stats he earned in another city, along with his hand picked teammate AD being on the team and best power forward in the league sometimes when he feels like it. Not to mention getting ran over by the nuggets of all teams

You should do a poll of Lakers fans.

Wilt or Lebron?

Edit: dammit I didn't hit reply. @murksiderock

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
LeBron was good enough to win a series by himself because he wasn't playing against anyone significant

Demar/Lowry Raptors
Oladipo Pacers
Rookie Tatum Celtics
Jeff Teague Hawks

he'd still very much struggle, but the entire eastern conference wasn't contending for about half a decade :manny:
Even if you think he'd still struggle out West, he's still older and that also impacts his effectiveness vs whoever...

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
These are some sentiments I shared in a thread a few days ago that I think kinda align with what the OP is saying...
Y'all gotta realize that Bron is pushing 40 so while he can still perform at a high level he's not going to deliberately play the way he used to and singlehandedly dominate as he would during postseason runs in Miami or during his 2nd stint in Cleveland because he's trying to preserve himself and at this stage he doesn't feel he needs to which is understandable.

KD looks like a shell of himself as if his best postseason days are past him.

I think at 35 years old he's at a similar position as LeBron is at age 39..they both are still capable of having great postseason performances but the opposing competition is too much for them to overcome no matter how great they play it's just simply not good enough.

Basically, they can't takeover the game and singlehandedly dominate against stiff competition like they were once able to do in their younger days.

The truth is that the Lakers unfortunately acquired LeBron at the late stages of his career and although he can still put up great numbers, the impact of these performances are not the same as his younger days and that's where people are getting confused.

People's expectations of LeBron and what they believe he can still do at nearly 40 yrs old isn't based on the reality of the situation causing their judgment to be clouded.

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Stop talking like u was alive in 69 and familiar with the climate cause u watched a YouTube video :comeon:

I'm sure all the diehard Lakers fans would much rather have a bubble championship during which everyone was banned from having a celebration, rather than a real live championship won over the Knicks and 4 other finals appearances. They would much rather watch Lebron stat pad and top off stats he earned in another city, along with his hand picked teammate AD being on the team and best power forward in the league sometimes when he feels like it. Not to mention getting ran over by the nuggets of all teams

You should do a poll of Lakers fans.

Wilt or Lebron?

Edit: dammit I didn't hit reply. @murksiderock
I'm in Sacramento right now. Most these guys weren't alive in '69 either, so what are you saying?

Wilt isn't as revered as a Laker as you think. Before the Warriors dynasty half this city was Lakers fans, mf's who really into the Lakers respect Wilt but he wasnt a better Laker than Bron...

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
I'm in Sacramento right now. Most these guys weren't alive in '69 either, so what are you saying?

Wilt isn't as revered as a Laker as you think. Before the Warriors dynasty half this city was Lakers fans, mf's who really into the Lakers respect Wilt but he wasnt a better Laker than Bron...
Make the poll breh

Wilt or Lebron Lakers years?

Lakers fans only

U deserve this :mjgrin:

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
He’s a 3rd option and a negative effect to any other point guard on his team.