Lenny Kravitz says he's not black enough for BET

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
It feels like in the 80s and early 90s there was much more of an array of Black culture celebrated, then one day it became only hood shyt. I don’t feel they even gave it a chance to see if Black people would be into rock

Uh oh careful before you get called a coooooooon

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
FOH...:camby:

I remember the 90s, VIVIDLY as a youth. Lenny wasn't checking for no black folks in the 90s. He was CHASING yt acceptance and inclusion, with the MTV crowd. He wasn't round no black folks, outside his wife (Lisa Bonet)...another culprit of :mjpls: vibes. She aspired to be a lilly-white hippie. He was always flanked by cacs. Look at their daughter now. That whole family, yearns to be cacs.

02-lenny.jpg

images

Now cuz his notoriety is probably drying up in some regards, he suddenly wants to embrace BET, or court black audiences. Don't tell me if Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Bonet (black royalty to some folks) wanted to show up to the BET Awards, especially throughout the 2000s, they wouldn't have been accepted. They didn't want that look. :mjpls:

Prince is REVERED. Cee-Lo Brown and Andre 3K are accepted.:comeon:

Lenny Kravitz (and his wife) positioned themselves, in an awkward manner. They strategically distanced themselves from black folks, nothing more. We not gonna rewrite history. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
Keeping it funky, he’s not FBA. He always used to be one of those negroes back in the day, talking about his Caribbean/Jewish heritage. The “don’t label me as just black” types. Which is absolutely fine.

Just don’t be upset when that alienates you with the “I don’t see color” mantra. Take that beef up with your paternal lineage, the actual gatekeepers. His daughter got her wake up call. I guess his alarm was set later.