Lethal weapon tv show...are we too old for this shyt?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't think it really matters how they coexist
I think this show is gone no matter what after the Disney buyout is complete
They brought it back this season to fill out the schedule
The Disney thing has nothing to do with this. Fox is still going to need programming and this is a WB show so as long as someone’s willing to pay for it, it’ll stick

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
The Disney thing has nothing to do with this. Fox is still going to need programming and this is a WB show so as long as someone’s willing to pay for it, it’ll stick
It has everything to do with the merger, If Disney cancels all the shows they supply FOX because its not worth it anymore, FOX is going to have to rebrand. It might mean keeping LW but it also might mean wiping the slate clean.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It has everything to do with the merger, If Disney cancels all the shows they supply FOX because its not worth it anymore, FOX is going to have to rebrand. It might mean keeping LW but it also might mean wiping the slate clean.

Disney won’t own the show tho is my point. Fox still owns the fox network. The only things they would cancel or could cancel are things they own. They don’t own lethal weapon nor will they own the fox broadcast network; antitrust laws stop that from happening. So there’s a chance they’d cancel the gifted because that’s a marvel tv show and owned and produced by fox. Shows like lethal weapon aren’t produced in house so they wouldn’t own them so it’s not up to them whether they stay or go

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Disney won’t own the show tho is my point. Fox still owns the fox network. The only things they would cancel or could cancel are things they own. They don’t own lethal weapon nor will they own the fox broadcast network; antitrust laws stop that from happening. So there’s a chance they’d cancel the gifted because that’s a marvel tv show and owned and produced by fox. Shows like lethal weapon aren’t produced in house so they wouldn’t own them so it’s not up to them whether they stay or go
Not about Disney owning the LW. Disney owns everything else ie Simpsons, Family Guy, The Gifted, etc.
All the reports coming out of this is that FOX is streamlining everything going with reality and sports
LW didn't even get a full season order (9 episodes) and they put it against THIS IS US!
Once everything settles, FOX is going to look at their lineup and realize that LW doesn't fit anymore with their direction is what I'm saying

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Not about Disney owning the LW. Disney owns everything else ie Simpsons, Family Guy, The Gifted, etc.
All the reports coming out of this is that FOX is streamlining everything going with reality and sports
LW didn't even get a full season order (9 episodes) and they put it against THIS IS US!
Once everything settles, FOX is going to look at their lineup and realize that LW doesn't fit anymore with their direction is what I'm saying

The shows you mentioned are produced by fox so yes they’ll own them. But they won’t own fox network. Fox keeps the network rights and fox sports and Fox News. That’s the deal. So Disney has no say about what stays or goes on the network.

I’m not saying the shyt will stay or go but Disney has nothing to do with it staying or going because A they don’t own the network and 2, they don’t own that show

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The shows you mentioned are produced by fox so yes they’ll own them. But they won’t own fox network. Fox keeps the network rights and fox sports and Fox News. That’s the deal. So Disney has no say about what stays or goes on the network.

I’m not saying the shyt will stay or go but Disney has nothing to do with it staying or going because A they don’t own the network and 2, they don’t own that show
Not sure why I'm not being clear
FOX sells FOX Studios to Disney which supplies most of their TV shows
Most experts think that means that FOX is out of the traditional TV business and they have pretty much confirmed it
Non Disney owned shows that were still on FOX are Gotham (final season), Lucifer (canceled), B99 (canceled) and LW (9 episodes), might be a couple more
Once the dust settles, Disney "COULD" end Empire, Star, The Gifted, they will leave the cartoons because they still make money
Leaving LW the only scripted non cartoon show from the old regime left
I's saying that FOX will probably wipe the slate clean because of this
All of this started because they sold 90% of their TV assets to Disney leaving LW alone
Maybe they will keep it, maybe all of a sudden This is Us will crash and people will come over to Fox to watch LW
I'm saying that is not likely which is why they put LW in that death slot

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Not sure why I'm not being clear
FOX sells FOX Studios to Disney which supplies most of their TV shows
Most experts think that means that FOX is out of the traditional TV business and they have pretty much confirmed it
Non Disney owned shows that were still on FOX are Gotham (final season), Lucifer (canceled), B99 (canceled) and LW (9 episodes), might be a couple more
Once the dust settles, Disney "COULD" end Empire, Star, The Gifted, they will leave the cartoons because they still make money
Leaving LW the only scripted non cartoon show from the old regime left
I's saying that FOX will probably wipe the slate clean because of this
All of this started because they sold 90% of their TV assets to Disney leaving LW alone
Maybe they will keep it, maybe all of a sudden This is Us will crash and people will come over to Fox to watch LW
I'm saying that is not likely which is why they put LW in that death slot

Because what you’re saying assumes that Disney is making the call as to what shows get cancelled or don’t. Disney isn’t going to shut down the tv division which produces shows for fox network and other networks; that’s giving away money.

Fox is still going to have scripted shows. Lucifer didn’t get cancelled because of this deal; it got cancelled because the amount of money to make it outweighed the revenue it brought in and fox didn’t own it so they made no money from it. They’re not going to cut off money-making especially when it’s not their call.

Fox as a tv network will still be owned by the people who aren’t Disney and they’ll decide what goes and what stays.

Yes fox is out of the traditional business but they as a tv network will still have programming. Animation, situational comedies, and a few dramas to go with wrestling and reality tv. I’d be incredibly shocked if they cancelled every single drama they have just because they’re not owned by Disney.

I hear what you’re saying I just think it assumes a lot

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Because what you’re saying assumes that Disney is making the call as to what shows get cancelled or don’t. Disney isn’t going to shut down the tv division which produces shows for fox network and other networks; that’s giving away money.

Fox is still going to have scripted shows. Lucifer didn’t get cancelled because of this deal; it got cancelled because the amount of money to make it outweighed the revenue it brought in and fox didn’t own it so they made no money from it. They’re not going to cut off money-making especially when it’s not their call.

Fox as a tv network will still be owned by the people who aren’t Disney and they’ll decide what goes and what stays.

Yes fox is out of the traditional business but they as a tv network will still have programming. Animation, situational comedies, and a few dramas to go with wrestling and reality tv. I’d be incredibly shocked if they cancelled every single drama they have just because they’re not owned by Disney.

I hear what you’re saying I just think it assumes a lot
Where did I every say DISNEY is making the call, it doesn't exist, please quote it
I said once the Disney deal is done, FOX TV is going to probably clean slate
thats all I said
I'm not making this all up, there's plenty of speculation for people more plugged in than me making the same assumption

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Where did I every say DISNEY is making the call, it doesn't exist, please quote it
I said once the Disney deal is done, FOX TV is going to probably clean slate
thats all I said
I'm not making this all up, there's plenty of speculation for people more plugged in than me making the same assumption

I don’t see them wiping the slate clean tho when they still want content and programming.

Not saying you’re making it up; shyt I agree with you that they’re going for a different type of programming. But what I don’t see is them wiping everything but their Sunday and Friday lineup. Thursday they got football for half the season or however long so they’re good there for half the time. That’s still a Thursday slot you need to fill. Along with a Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday lineup that won’t just be reality tv. Having a few standard dramas makes sense. Especially if they’re getting deals from the studios.

And my bad. All the talk about Disney making decisions on content made me connect that dot. If that’s not what you meant then that’s on me.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was going to try to catch up on this season episodes when i got a chance to see how it looked with Sean and then this news today

man, i hope Damon gets his health up.

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So Damon is leaving. Stifler been doing OK the first 2 episodes and now this? Jesus Christ