Let’s be real, Beyonces albums are overrated and that’s why she doesn’t win AOTY

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For me, she just makes hollow music. Well, i can't say hollow, but it just doesn't elicit emotional responses from me, and that's how I like my R&B. I like music that embodies that soulful feeling. Even if it's more uptempo R&B, it still has to have that flavor for me. She has always sounded bland to me. And her music isn't for everyone. With that said, she's still talented, and her ability to constantly maintain that sense of importance and dominance to her fans is one that hasn't been seen in a while.

As for album of the year, I've always thought that album of the year had to be something that speaks to everyone. At least in the past, that's what it has been.
Do you think Harry Styles album speaks to everyone?

I gave this Harry Styles joint a spin to see what the deal is. It is vapid as fukk. They say this is his most introspective album. I gotta laugh. Its about as deep a puddle. Seriously. It’s a throwback pop album with a couple of David Bowe inspired musical compositions. That’s it. It honestly sounds like a cheap imitation of what The Weekend has been doing for the last few years with the throwback sound, but without the soul and creativity. Add to that Harry don’t have any vocal range at all so I can’t even say “well at least he can sing” cause he don’t even really do that. He’s just crooning for the most part. shyt is trash. It has maybe one decent song.

You can’t tell me Beyonce didn’t deserve the Grammy when this trash won. Cause you can say what you want about Beyonce but her joint was better than his

Illmagic

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Objectively regardless of what you think of her music ( and Im not a fan) Beyonce is going to go down as one of the biggest, most influential and revered artist ever. Its not debatable. Look at how revered she is now. Shes what 40 years old? The love is only gonna grow. So when we look back at this its gonna look weird. How could an artist of that magnitude never win album of the year? Who did she lose too? Well she lost to Taylor Swift, Adele, Beck and Harry Styles. The losses to Swift and Adele are acceptable as they are gonna go down as historic artist in their own right. The Beck and Harry Styles ones are gonna look funny in the light. If Adele had beat her again that be acceptable. Adeles album was actually really good and was a much better album then Renaissance IMO. Iconic artist beating anoth iconic artist is fine. Harry Styles album was aight but it wasn't amazing. Just give her the damn award lol. Why do the Grammys want the controversy of this.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
As for album of the year, I've always thought that album of the year had to be something that speaks to everyone. At least in the past, that's what it has been.

Mehhhh. It's touch and go. The Grammys pick and choose when they want to go with a popular choice or if they want to go with an indie darling type.