Let's Be Real, Most African Americans Have NO IDENTITY (Serious Thread)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Aight, the last thread I was joking around. However, this has been on my heart real heavy.

Most of us work and provide for our families. We try to nurture and be way makers for our future youth. Also, we try to set an example and be productive in society. Now, we do have some brothas and sistas who fall off track. However, a majority of us don't get or won't get second chances. Remember, we are the minority in this country. Anyhow, I have been raised by two parents and had a good foundation. With that all out the way at 23 years old (today's my birthday) I still ask myself who am I. Only thing that I've been told is you're Black (proud and got my ancestry) and you have to survive. Let's be real, most of us 20-48 don't know who we are. I still ask what is the meaning of life. We have been fed lies and White supremacist religion. We are always disrespected by the majority. My people helped build this country through hard labor. Yes, we have Black culture, but inside we don't know ourselves. That's why we wear a mask, but in the inside we feel miserable. TBH, I'm glad we are doing better with that.

P.S. like I said most Black men feel alone and we are the MOST neglected human known to mankind.

From the perspective of a 23 year old Black man.

Daps
im only 22 but I believe some days are better than others. I feel like as long as you are loyal to who you consider to be family and helping them grow in different aspects than that can nelpyou can truly know yourself even if you happen to see some role models self hating. What Have you been doing to keep your identity intact on the inside lately?