NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Happy Birthday to the GOAT....:salute:

But as I watch the marathon on vh1 soul, I can't help but ask, what do you think happened to him? What explains the skin tone, hair texture, yearning for childhood, etc?

Its weird because when you see him, you can still see lil Mike in him. He couldn't change his bone features. But during the white Mike period, he made some of his most socially conscious music.

Please, let's have an honest convo / dedication thread to Mike. Respect the best

All Knowledge

Speak up...
Daps
Reppin
Belo Horizante
Indeed. Let's.:takedat:

I respect the dude and appreciate what he contributed to the world musically.

But dude was a full fledged lunatic.

Listening to the the Jackson 5 and hearing young mike got me like :whew:

But then going on to think about what that level of recognition and accomplishment does to a child, no wonder he was fukked up as an adult :to:

Imagine when he would actually be himself and having a grown man tantrum,

a deep voice:damn:

cursing :damn:

Son was living in alternate realities:snoop:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Lots of respect for the dude.

Vocally, he peaked when he was 12-13. As much as I love "Off the Wall" and "Thriller", that boy could swing. When his voice became deeper, that probably really accelerated his self-hatred (i.e. his nose). Thank goodness his dancing ability plus his ability to produce his own songs remained on lock during the 80's. Gave money to finance Spike Lee's "Malcolm X" when Hollywood was frontin.

Nothing but respect.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
I'm saying, it was fukked up because it seemed like his most poignant songs came in the midst of him and his physical issues. Its like he even though he tried to turn white, his music was still from a black/global perspective.

Deadpool1986

Cook with a Mouth
Daps
Reppin
#midnightboyz/ #Neggas-Black & White/ #TNT
MJ the greatest of all time!!!
MJ_Quotes_michael_jackson_30767253_500_300.jpg

tumblr_m7ejlby8f41rb7ynto1_500.gif

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
what if mike decided that he hated the world and it didnt deserve to see his real self because the world was corrupted, and decided to put on a permanent mask to hide himself from it? the blackness never left (as evidenced in his music) it just became physically sheltered. :ohhh: :mindblown:

Deadpool1986

Cook with a Mouth
Daps
Reppin
#midnightboyz/ #Neggas-Black & White/ #TNT

Michael said in an interview that "Diana was a groupie who appeared to be dedicated to Michael himself, but in reality was seducing a number of different band members." This song is about Michael coming to the reality that Diana was not the girl he had originally thought she was, and he was making it known that others should be aware of her ways.

"Diana was the perfect and only name for the woman he was describing. Diana is the Roman Goddess of the moon, who was heavenly divine. She, in Greek mythology is known for seducing men into her worship. This is where he gets the dirty Diana. She seducing the guys in the band through young girls who want to be stars. This one in particular speaks of how she takes hold of his heart and even says he's sleeping with her,,and in Greek mythology she could catch you as well in your dreams."
Michael_Jackson_Gif_michael_jackson_29034231_500.gif

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
what if mike decided that he hated the world and it didnt deserve to see his real self because the world was corrupted, and decided to put on a permanent mask to hide himself from it? the blackness never left (as evidenced in his music) it just became physically sheltered. :ohhh: :mindblown:
Dude had mental health issues to say the least. No matter what he believed in personally, his mental issues overshadowed it.