Let's Discuss Violence Against Black Women

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Anyone who has dealt with this please feel free to share pointers.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Do not blame yourself. Do not distract yourself from your feelings. Process them. It is totally ok to feel despair, violated, betrayed, defeated, confused. Don't run away from it.
Find a support group. Tell your story. Accept that what happened happened and find a way to not just dwell in the moment but move forward. What do you want? Justice, prevention, to put it in your past?
Release the energy through creative outlets. Write, draw, paint, sing, dance, express yourself and those feelings.

Bottling your feelings and trying to erase the incident will only cause more harm to yourself.

Take Plan B as soon as possible (within 72 hours). Dont shower, go to the police to get a rape kit done. Plan B is available at a lower price at Planned Parenthood, they may also be able to get you on birth control at a lower price.

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
EastEnders' Sian Blake and her children confirmed dead - BBC News

Three bodies found in the garden of former actress Sian Blake are those of the former EastEnders star and her two children, police have confirmed.

The remains of Sian Blake, 43, and her sons Zachary Bilal Kent-Blake, eight, and Amon Ben George Kent-Blake, four, were found at the family's south-east London home on 6 January.

A police spokesperson said they all died from head and neck injuries.

Ms Blake's partner is being sought by police over the deaths.

However, the BBC understands Arthur Simpson-Kent, 48, has left the UK and travelled to Ghana.

Ms Blake and the couple's sons had not been seen since 13 December. They were reported missing three days later.

The case is now being treated as a triple murder inquiry.

I wasn't really sure where to put this story- she's a black woman so I thought that it would be appropriate here.

Vice Queen

The First Lady of T$C
Supporter
Daps
I will tell you, from experience. Those types of relationships truly do creep into your psyche. Long after the black faded from my eyes and the scar above my eyebrow and on my left shoulder became a story to tell, those mental and emotional scars still linger.

And those people who think leaving is simple need to get a major reality check, especially when kids and finances are involved.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
My classmate was killed in November by her ex husband. They had a child together, and she picked a neutral place she thought was safe for them to meet. They got into an argument their child. He pulled a gun on her she tried to run away he chases her down and shot her. She had just reached the door. She was 27.

Not only is not leaving that simple but even after that you are still in danger. That possessiveness.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
My classmate was killed in November by her ex husband. They had a child together, and she picked a neutral place she thought was safe for them to meet. They got into an argument their child. He pulled a gun on her she tried to run away he chases her down and shot her. She had just reached the door. She was 27.

Not only is not leaving that simple but even after that you are still in danger. That possessiveness.
That's terrible. Do you know what happened to the child? They didn't see it did they?

Vice Queen

The First Lady of T$C
Supporter
Daps

I'm truly sorry.

This child is about to be without both of its parents now and for what?