Let's Do Our Job As Hip-Hop fans to never let this become the new normal

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Got this excerpt from a Fader article.

I’m not here to draw a hard line about what a real rap verse is, or what authentic rap music is—just to say that personally I find no scandal in Quentin Miller’s credited contributions to Drake’s songs. Over the past few years, the walls between the street and the internet, the underground and the mainstream, and different genres have vaporized. With this, the audience for rap has grown, and so the commercial stakes of many rap songs are now similar to the stakes of pop hits. Why wouldn’t rap artists make their movie with the best crew?

272.gif

This is the problem. Drake could be the setup for something much worse. Pushing this "it's like pop, he should have a group of writers" agenda will only set up the fall of hip,hop as we know it. Before you know it, talentless hacks will invade the genre with million of dollars behind them and groups of writers to help their cause. This is one of the most corporate things that could happen to hip hop, and of all then nitty things that have already happened. This will be the absolute worst. This being accepted and appreciated as actual art. Lifeless Vessels running around making Music they don't own. Stories that aren't theirs.

We must continue to shame this shyt. No matter what. It isn't right.

Triangularbirds

All Star
Daps
If rappers have something to say they'll say it, otherwise they have someone writing for them, not everyone is looking for mainstream appeal with their lyrics:smugdraper:
If Drake wants to use a ghost writer, he can do whatever the fukk he want, it's not like he has anything much to say apart from crying bout girls and soft shyt :pachaha:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I feel that the HUGE story this has been and the fact that a bunch of Drake stans have been in damage control mode, has been a good sign.
I hope so, but the sheep are defending in armies. Trying to make this shyt seem okay. This nikka Drake is really one of the worst things to happen in Hip Hop. It's not really even him, it's the fans and supporters he's bred. They'll do anything before admitting he's wrong, and he's inspired people who know nothing about the culture to try to dictate it. His career should have been nipped in the bud a long time ago. But it wasn't and now hip hop is starting to pay for it.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Snoop's character is a lot more popular than his music so people don't really care I assume
Not even that, he hasn't been the face of the genre for a long time. And when he was, he was writing his own shyt. Doggy styles was all him.

The problem is not that Drake has ghost writers. It's the fact that he has control over what's accepted and that he's at the top. He's the face of the genre right now

But the time snoop had ghost writers, he wasn't THE GUY. If this was someone like idk.. Big Sean. It's like :manny:

He ain't the face. So he can't control the direction of the genre and what's accepted. Drake is the face right now. He controls trends, slang (even if it's stolen) and the overall direction of the genre.

If this becomes accepted because "Drake did it " , it'll only inspire more people to do it.

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
I hope so, but the sheep are defending in armies. Trying to make this shyt seem okay. This nikka Drake is really one of the worst things to happen in Hip Hop. It's not really even him, it's the fans and supporters he's bred. They'll do anything before admitting he's wrong, and he's inspired people who know nothing about the culture to try to dictate it. His career should have been nipped in the bud a long time ago. But it wasn't and now hip hop is starting to pay for it.
The only person that can save us:

jay-z-5-kilo-gold-cuban-link-chain-jesus-piece-king-hov-pyrex-vision-hoodie.jpg

And he knew it this whole time :mjcry: