Let's Do Our Job As Hip-Hop fans to never let this become the new normal

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
The only person that can save us:

jay-z-5-kilo-gold-cuban-link-chain-jesus-piece-king-hov-pyrex-vision-hoodie.jpg

And he knew it this whole time :mjcry:
Nah. We just need his heir. His true heir. I don't think Drake was it. Hopefully there's someone's waiting in the winds to take him down. To just replace him. I don't think Drake was ever Hovs heir. I think he was the warning sign. Showing true hip hop heads how bad this can get. I think Hovs true Heir is on the way.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
It would be horrible breh. industry plants becoming the new normal and real nikkas becoming outcasts :mjcry:

this is nothing new...why do you think they called themselves 'Outkast'. 20 years ago, true brehs felt marginalized

real rap was that sugarhill gang shyt, then once wu-tang and biggie, tupac and the like came through, industries started propping up whoever as a gangster rapper, because Bad Boy and shyt was making bank. The real underground shyt will never die tho

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Naomi Zeichner. A white Jewish woman.

zeichner.png

:skip:

can I get a smiley for this, I would use it daily

"I don't see any problem with Action Bronson. He doesn't even rap like ghostface!"

"I went to highschool with white people who said the n-word, no harm no foul"

"Are you guys excited for the new NWA movie?!"

the smug 2010 white hip-hop stan who thinks by listening to hip-hop, they're clear of all racism

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Nah. We just need his heir. His true heir. I don't think Drake was it. Hopefully there's someone's waiting in the winds to take him down. To just replace him. I don't think Drake was ever Hovs heir. I think he was the warning sign. Showing true hip hop heads how bad this can get. I think Hovs true Heir is on the way.
I thought it was jcole:mjcry:

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
anything that's ok for Drake is ok for any rapper

u don't remember when he single handedly made it ok to rap off a cell phone

this was before his first album

if u a flat top it's too late

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Also you Nikkas can't have it both ways , When artist really be 100% authentic and living out the shyt they rap about like Bobby Smurda Nikkas be on here cryin too
Look

I understand the faking the lifestyle part. That's been going on. That is sort of like the James Frey situation. For those who dont know, James Frey is an author who wrote A Million Little Pieces. A story about the hardships he faced in life and with drug addiction. It touched the hearts of millions of people but then everyone found out that the story wasn't his. He wrote it, but it wasnt true. And he was shamed for it because he said it was his autobiography. That's one thing. The art is still coming from his pen though, even though it's a lie. His way of telling it, is what led people to love it. So faking your story but writing it yourself, with your own style and storytelling skills that are unique to you is bad but not that bad in my opinion. Because you still put your artistic direction to use.

This situation is more like that movie The Words, with Bradley Cooper. He was a struggling author who never had what it took to be great. His books got rejected over and over again by publishers. One day, he finds a book written 50 years ago, by a man that was living overseas. It was a beautiful story about love and heartbreak and perseverance and tribulations. The man lost the book years ago, Bradley Cooper found the book 50 years later and put it out as his work. Naturally, book readers LOVED it. The honesty, the grit, the purity of it. And Bradley Coopers character blows up, until the man (who's still alive but old) and confronts him about it. He offers to pay him and the man declines. And Bradley Coopers character is never exposed, but he feels the shame in his heart the rest of his life.

These two things are entirely different. One is lying but still putting your artistic identity on it. The other is flat out taking everything that belongs to someone else.

I just don't like the idea of ghostwriting becoming an accepted thing. One of the reasons why I love Hip Hop is because how personal of a genre it is. Even with artists like Young Thug, he might be trash, but he's still true. I'm surprised at how many Hip Hop heads are okay with this, but it is what it is. The shyt is a lost genre and will be over with eventually anyway. It's a circus right now. But thanks for being honest.

As a writer (not a rapper) I just can't get down with someone puttin their stamp on someone else's words.

Every article, every column, every blog post, and every piece I've ever put down was mine, and that's why my name is attached to it. Writing in HipHop should always be a rule, and without it HipHop won't be the same.

The competitive layer in HipHop will be gone because no one will be responsible for their Work. Its Terrible

No one is sayings you have to really be about what you rap. Id prefer it. But I'm realistic as well. But at least let it be your pen. At the very least.