LGBT Actor Kelly Mantle Eligible in Male And Female Oscar Categories

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
original.gif

As an ally of the LGBT people and equal justice this is just being forced in the WORST way :snoop:

Gender Fluid Performer Kelly Mantle Eligible in Male and Female Oscar Categories

Academy confirms “Confessions of a Womanizer” scene-stealer can be nominated as either male or female

Matt Pressberg | December 9, 2016 @ 4:42 PM
kellymantle.jpg

Getty Images

Kelly Mantle, a gender-fluid performer who was a contestant on the sixth season of “RuPaul’s Drag Race,” has made Oscar history as the first potential nominee eligible in both male and female categories, TheWrap has learned :dahell:

Mantle plays a transgender prostitute in “Confessions of a Womanizer,” a Miguel Ali indie from Harbor House Films starring Andrew Lawrence and Gary Busey.

The film’s producers ran into a dilemma when filling out Oscar paperwork, which required them to classify Mantle, who was born a man, as either male or female. Mantle was submitted for consideration in both categories, and the Academy confirmed that the performer can be nominated in either one:wtf:

Also Read:'OJ: Made in America,' 'Weiner,' 'Fire at Sea' Make Oscars Documentary Shortlist

“Confessions of a Womanizer” had its world premiere at the Cinequest Film Festival in San Jose, Calif. back in March 2014, and hit U.S. theaters this Oct. 14. The film has taken home numerous awards, including best narrative feature film and best director at the 2014 Los Angeles Underground Film Festival, and best feature film at the Tupelo Film Festival, Twin Rivers Media Festival and High Desert Film Festival, all in 2014.

The Actors Branch of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences divided the Acting reminder list into male and female categories just two years ago. Previously, reminder lists didn’t distinguish potential nominees by gender — all eligible cast members were listed together. But Mantle is the first person to be submitted in both male and female categories — and is eligible to take home hardware in either one.

Gender Fluid Performer Kelly Mantle Eligible in Male and Female Oscar Categories

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I wouldn't say that. However, I will say that this is being forced. Like I said, I support and an ally of the LGBT people, but this is just being non-organically forced.
I worked in the afternoon hours club industry breh. I seen all the freaks that come out at night. I never met a tranny that wasn't clearly mentally unstable. Look at the circus that was Bruce Jenner and his flip flopping ass.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I worked in the afternoon hours club industry breh. I seen all the freaks that come out at night. I never met a tranny that wasn't clearly mentally unstable. Look at the circus that was Bruce Jenner and his flip flopping ass.
I think Bruce is doing it for relevancy. However, yeah some will be unstable because of discrimination against the LGBT.