Lil Boosie Is Still On The "Chitlin Circuit"

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Gucci s

Gucci is a WAY bigger artist than Gucci...
Name some Boosie Mixtapes...
Name some Gucci Mixtapes...

the fukk that gotta do with anything I typed? Theirs plenty of bigger artists who take less $$ per appearance than even new artist because they know how to use a fukking calculator and know that $10-15k x 4 a week is $40-60k a week x 4 weeks a month is $160-240k a month + feature money... is better than waiting for someone to book you 2 times a month for 20k a pop.. Believe it or not, not many people willing to risk 20-30k on a single night for a single artist.. so much can go wrong (I know personally, I recently lost 20k in a single night during super bowl weekend due to some shyt that was out of my hands... so much can go wrong.. only reason I even took the risk cause it was super bowl weekend)

its these new artists fukking up the pricing market thinking they getting 20-30k a club appearance :mjlol: thats why you hardly see club flyers on their social media because it doesnt make much financial sense outside of Miami, NYC, Houston or Miami to book artists at that price and even then its rare

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Thats not how it works

Ilovemakonnen at the height of his tuesday song asked for 25k an appearance. He'd get booked 1-2 times a month at most (festivals/colleges that cN afford him. Not too many clubs willing to shell out 25k for someohe with 1 hit) Thats 50k before taxes at most, management, booking agent, etc. still great money but left a lot of money on the table.

Someone like boosie can get 10-15k an appearance 3-4 times a week. Thats 30-45k a week. On top of going to these other cities getting 5-10k a feature on top that. Probably clearing 150-200k a month easy. These "chitlin circuit" rappers almost always have a longer and better financially career than people with huge hits.

Gucci mane was clearing 5 million a year doing 10-15k a show and this before clubs were having artists like they do now.

People like boosie and gucci travel state to state getting money off features on top of the club appearance so it comes out to 20-30k a trip anyway. They just doing it more often.

They also dont have 500 people in they pocket like most artists you see with big hits.
Yooo...you need to manage some artists or do some publicist type shyt, you're smart. Not a lot of people know about that "collab hustle"...and selling more than just music to your fans.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Yooo...you need to manage some artists or do some publicist type shyt, you're smart. Not a lot of people know about that "collab hustle"...and selling more than just music to your fans.

I book artists here to the bay already - ive tried linking artists with people for features/vice versa , was too much of a head ache for me personally. I just stick to what im good at (bringing talent and selling it out)

edit: Boosie, Gotti and Ross probably showed the bay the most love during super bowl weekend

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no matter how yall wanna spin it.

he should be way bigger than he is now

nikka wasnt doin no skid bid like gucci

wasnt this nikka supposed to be on death row?

not suge n them but the execution pre-grame?

nikka was supposed to come home n fucc shyt up
while I do agree he should have been bigger, but do y'all realize that the man was sick and has been a type 2 diabetic for most of his life, he also comes off as a huge family man and wanted to spend time with his people's when he came home.

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Re TI

Y'all must not remember, TI was locked up between Trap Muzik and Urban Legend. And when he came back with Urban Legend he became just that.

And Boosie has a dedicated fanbase. The problem is with all the local radio stations getting bought up. You don't get to hear the Boosies and other hometown heroes. So y'all think they're falling off. These nikkas still selling mixtapes at their shows for cash breh. These guys sell out in Everyhood, USA 3-4x a week. I'm talking places most of y'all would never even drive by let alone go in. Where they are charging 40 for entrance, 100 for VIP, and they have the airbrushed photo machine, not 20 years ago. Present day USA. It's like the gogos in DC. Anyone from Screwed Up Clik to Face to Boosie or Webbie can come here on a random Tuesday when most of the world has work the next day and sell out a spot holding 1400 people.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Boosie is the type of guy who can make a healthy living staying local, granted his music not my personal taste, but he has die hard fans that follow him wherever he goes.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This post was made already a couple months ago. Where are Boosie's hot new radio hits? He was regional then getting good bread doing local shows, he is still regional now. No one can really point out why he received all that extra attention prior to his release. It became kinda comical, because I knew most people didn't like him that much, he was almost like a mascot.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember when we used to applaud rappers for not crossing over. Now if you don't have cacs and random "I like whatever people say is hot" type fans in the audience at your rap shows, you're chitlin circuit? This artform was created by our people for our people, so the whole chitlin circuit comparison is retarded.

DUCKED_OFF

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
That club money is always good...it's a lot of rappers who been doing that for 10 years and have millions and living way better then these big name rappers.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Well aside from Tupac. T.I. Had a run something serious post jail every time he went he became hotter :wow:

as a rapper in hip-hop? nah. tip's peak was king.

prison boosted his profile tho. plus he went pop after that and did the numbers.

but yea, he lost his spot when he dropped that TI vs TIP bullchit. low-key, him getting locked up at the hip-hop awards was the best thing that ever happened to his mainstream career.

edit: yea, that time he got locked up circa '04 made him hotter, but that wasnt a real bid. hell, he was out by the time alot of people found out that he got locked up.:laugh: that chit dont count.

Don't really understand it, Post Jail, dude hasn't put a hit mixtape other than the one when he 1st got out of jail, and that was ok

Before going to jail, dude was cranking out bangers, I honestly can say that other than "no juice" and maybe "crazy" those are the only songs post-jail bid that are ok

Pre-jail boosie > Post-bail boosie

boosie put out more stuff than that.

he dropped like 2 or 3 tapes at least. and one of them may have been an album. i cant tell anymore. but it was dope.

Last edited:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Thank you cats trying to spin it like Boosie winning Boosie came home and is doing the same shyt on the same scale he was doing before.

what was he supposed to do tho?

for a guy thats getting no label or industry push, hes doing great.

while I do agree he should have been bigger, but do y'all realize that the man was sick and has been a type 2 diabetic for most of his life, he also comes off as a huge family man and wanted to spend time with his people's when he came home.

THIS

Last edited: