Lisa Bonet’s Daughter Explains Why She Couldn’t Connect With Being Black

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I don't play that biracial ain't black shyt. IF it were before 1865 they'd be slaves like us. If Lenny Kravitz and Lisa weren't famous and we didn't know they background we'd assume they was light skinned.

Being a slave doesnt make you black. And there were numerous biracial people pre 1865 who were not slaves and actually served as a buffer class between blacks and whites in many states. Look at places like Louisiana

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Being a slave doesnt make you black. And there were numerous biracial people pre 1865 who were not slaves and actually served as a buffer class between blacks and whites in many states. Look at places like Louisiana

It does in America, maybe Slavery in another country. And that Creole and Boule shyt still means NOT WHITE!

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Well explain to me how white society treats them different from us? You think biracial blacks get a pass from cops?

Non Black hispanics dont get a pass from cops does that make them black now?

Have more respect for yourself :scust:

Unless youre biracial yourself :hubie:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Neither could her parents, which is why I could not understand the praise they received from black audiences. They relate blackness to stereotypes. They do not categorize themselves as black, yet take black roles and fill black spaces.
This my whole problem with their stance.

They themselves relegate blackness to being something evil or bad....

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
I used to be one of the ones trying to force people to be black. Then I realized how weak it look as a group for us to be begging people to come join us in blackness.

A mulatto is a mulatto! They can CHOOSE to identify with their black part, but they're NOT black.

Mulatto needs be made it's own official race.