Listening to old time heels brag about how much heat they had is tiring

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
*insert any heel from back in the day* - "I had so much heat my tires were slashed, a riot was started..., these new heels will never understand"

Yeah, no fukking shyt, back in the day 99% of the audience thought the product was a shoot, they knew nothing about the business except what was presented by the promotions. It's 100x more difficult to get ANY heat in the bidness today when these smark audiences love cheering for heels because it's the cool thing to do. NWO changed the game forever, some can argue for the worse because all future heels tried to copy them by worrying about being cool instead of hated. Who in the entire bidness even has legit heat? Kang and Stephanie (why they are in the discussion for GOAT heels).

I remember some Wyatt promo last year he was literally saying he loves being evil and hates everyone and the neckbeards in the audience cheering his every word :heh:. And people wonder his character isn't going anywhere as heel

Last edited:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
There is not a single good heel in the WWE right now. Rollins doesn't get major heat like he should. New Day are the most over heels but it's for lame reasons and most likely accidental. Kane and Big Show get heat because people are sick of seeing them still wrestle. Sheamus has a good chance of becoming a good heel.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
There is not a single good heel in the WWE right now. Rollins doesn't get major heat like he should. New Day are the most over heels but it's for lame reasons and most likely accidental. Kane and Big Show get heat because people are sick of seeing them still wrestle. Sheamus has a good chance of becoming a good heel.

I agree with your points, but pre late 90's, Rollins would get white hot heat, what else can he possibly do? Sheamus might be the only legit heel left because of his size and bullying. But anyone else just can't get heat if they tried, that's why there are so many faces it seems

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Rusev gets alot of heat

For now.
caHC7Gp.png

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
He 100% relies on USA chants, it's starting to get old and the chants are slowing down, let's see what happens from here

Those foreigner "I hate America" gimmicks only last for so long. Rusev is definitely better than some of the last guys who tried the same gimmick (i.e. Kozlov) but most people worry that he's going to be Marc Mero status. His recent injury didn't help him either.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Those foreigner "I hate America" gimmicks only last for so long. Rusev is definitely better than some of the last guys who tried the same gimmick (i.e. Kozlov) but most people worry that he's going to be Marc Mero status. His recent injury didn't help him either.

That entire segment was cringe worthy, I can only hope Lana does a double cross otherwise two talents are going to be buried

ReallJc

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LDN

I'm definitely loving the way wwe are handling the new day as heels atm, accidental or not. I feel they're good heels and are making a great impression overall. Their cheat 2 win tactics are dope asf too lol.

Konnan

Undisputed Jack in the Box Parking Lot Champion
Daps
Reppin
#UGA #BirdBrehs #DSGB #StarkSet
Those little shyt hole towns they were working really took their rasslin serious

A show in those towns on a Saturday night was the biggest event they had to look forward to and they were protective of their babyface hero

really any heel could get insane heat back in the day