Lizzo's "Truth Hurts" & "Black Beatles" Hook got the Same Melody (UPDATED 10/16/19 2nd Claim))

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I feel like Lizzo gon be one of those here for a couple of singles and massive album and then gone type of artists but we'll see

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Aight ima be that one nikka..

Music so saturated now adays that there aint no more new ideas. Everything will sound like something else.
:francis:
Eh... if you were to play the melody of both choruses on a piano they would sound exactly the same. Things can sound similar with the chords and shyt, but the melody is basically the same so if they decide to sue they will win

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I find it interesting this wasn't discussed immediately after the release, I barely follow that kind of music, only in a club or a Lyft, or somewhere like that, would I even hear Lizzo, (not that I take issue with her or her music) but I remember asking a friend, who is about 8 years younger, what the sample was, and he didn't know, and he loves Gucci Mane.

I wonder if it speaks to a very disposable form of listening to and accessing music, that no one, called this out right away. I hadn't heard "Black Beatles" since 2016.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I find it interesting this wasn't discussed immediately after the release, I barely follow that kind of music, only in a club or a Lyft, or somewhere like that, would I even hear Lizzo, (not that I take issue with her or her music) but I remember asking a friend, who is about 8 years younger, what the sample was, and he didn't know, and he loves Gucci Mane.

I wonder if it speaks to a very disposable form of listening to and accessing music, that no one, called this out right away. I hadn't heard "Black Beatles" since 2016.
People tend to wait for a song to explode before they bring lawsuits... as now they can say you made x money off my shyt I need a piece of that

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
People tend to wait for a song to explode before they bring lawsuits... as now they can say you made x money off my shyt I need a piece of that

Right, I just mean in terms of either articles, or even conversations on here. For someone that heard the song once, like me, and knew it was a "sample", it just didn't seem like a lot of people had similar reactions.

TheKid55

All Star
Daps
I heard this for the first time ever the other day and I literally thought it was a Black Beatles remix or some shyt :mjlol:

Can't believe this song came out in 2017 :what:

Seriously, where the fukk did Lizzo come from? :mjtf: