LL Cool J responds to Akademiks calling pioneers "dusty"

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
OK...? Doesn't delegitimize his place in the genre's history nor the impact he's had in it. Can't believe all this is for some overweight bum who gets drunk and talks shyt on Twitch
I said LL would torch AK, idc for AK but he has his place.. LL has the actual relevance, pioneer, successful outside of rap, 3 decades of dominance and is physically imposing

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
Dudes own mouth going to be his downfall either a hard street lesson or a stroke from his diet. Breh looks like a young 56 year old

He's the poster child for what the consequences of diabetes and a poor diet lead to. He needs to lay off the Krisy Kreme donuts, he been looking like one for a minute.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I didn't know that. :ohhh:But then I haven't read his bio in like 20 years.

And Akademiks would be a clown in Jamaica too.

LL has no Bajan roots but the family that adopted him did/do

LL is related to

Last edited:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Props to LL…he spoke nothing but truth!

Stop letting these newer generations, with no respect, dictate culture. They only see money and that’s part of the reason hip hop is in the state it’s in today. Money isn’t the end all be all…real true talent, hard work and dedication is what it’s about.

Oh and every time I see LL, I always think of the line “I gotta get in a three point stance in your vomit nikka?!!!”

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
It's not like this dude is a mogul talking shyt either. One call from a Dupri, Dre, Timbaland, Diddy etc could shut his shyt off quick or make his life very difficult. Folks in high places make behind the scenes moves all the damn time.

This is so disrespectful on so many levels. Hip-hop is a BILLION dollar industry and some of those pioneers are flat broke. There were no endorsements or they got foul deals due to their circumstances.- lack of education or legal understanding, some money was better than nothing and not knowing proper teams to hire.

And anyone supporting this is foul. Do you see LeBron clowning on Dr. J or ABA players? You see Mahomes or Russell Wilson shytting on Doug Williams or Warren Moon?

Stations like Rock The Bells are a lifeline for some of these folks. Dre and them got George Clinton outta financial trouble with sampling his music and royalties.

He needs his ass kicked. Period.

Last edited: