LOL student loans WACKING these nikkas

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Wow...

What are you doing now?

working at a call center , stacking this bread to dip off to a HBCU in the spring
may even settle for cc
but I NEED to get back in school quick. People that was in my HS class of 2010 done already graduated college and some more shyt

Last edited:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Like I said at the jump, college is an investment. Nothing more, nothing less. You can EASILY come out the winner vs the lenders, but a lot of cats don't because of various reasons.

Don't invest in shyt that doesn't make any financial sense.

shyt, I could've gone to Cornell until I saw that cost of attendance. fukk that. Went to a school much cheaper and still had a great rep. Use the System, don't let it use you.
You perpetrating like its easy tho breh, like it's just smooth sailing. There's alot of variables to this lol

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
It's basically the millennial equivalent of/prelude to a mortgage at this point, I know relatively few people (myself included) who manage to pay all of it, esp without major parental help. It's def a major reason why grad school is looking more :huhldup: to me everyday.

it's worse than a mortgage. cuz at least with a mortgage, you get an asset in exchange for taking on that debt. also, with a mortgage, you could always bail and declare bankruptcy in order to get out of the obligation of paying it back.

can't do none of that shyt with a student loan.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
When I was locked up , they used to tell us "Chaffee Grant ! Chaffee Grant! 10K for college" So I wasnt trippin cuz I knew I was going to college when I got out and I knew I had 10K coming

Well I got out and hit up Chaffee Foundation for my chips, and they was like "Were you a ward of the court? "
Me: "Yeah , of course" :childplease:
Them: "Was you in foster care?" :ld:
Me: " I was at a group home for a couple days then AWOL'd .....but Im still a ward of the court" :childplease:
Them : "Sorry we only accept foster kids" :ld:
Me: " So I was lied to and sold a dream for years . Now I have nothing . Cold world" :demonic:

All these foundations ,colleges, etc dont give a fukk . They just talk that goodie goodie shyt . Juvenile delinquents get shyt on , then they wonder why 7/10 juvy delinquents stay in and out of the pen when they get older . Mfs railroading us
I do remember seeing a vid long ago where a dude who was in jail talked about that.

How they dont put anything in place to help whoever gets out of jail fit back into society.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
I had to get Private Loans from Sallie Mae just to go to a fukking Art Institute

I had know back then :mjcry:

how much?
I think they worked my momma too, when she went to Concorde
she copped a job at Kaiser and been paid it off
i DO remember her cryin and fussin over "Sallie Mae"
I thought momma had some beef in the streets or sumn lol

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
17 and 18 year olds dont understand lifetime debts..

Its a scam bottom line...

And a huge bubble... shyts gonna give one way or another.

I'm making my daughter go to a state school when she goes to college. public universities are much cheaper. might have her go the CC route the first 2 years even to save even more bread.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
how much?
I think they worked my momma too, when she went to Concorde
she copped a job at Kaiser and been paid it off
i DO remember her cryin and fussin over "Sallie Mae"
I thought momma had some beef in the streets or sumn lol
I owe them about 16k that interest :mjcry:

I owe Federal about 30k :dead:

Daps
working at a call center , stacking this bread to dip off to a HBCU in the spring
may even settle for cc
but I NEED to get back in school quick. People that was in my class of 2010 done already graduated college and some more shyt

Good for you!

It sounds like you have a strong sense of will and determination.

I'm a huge fan of community college, especially ones where you can get a trade.

4 year degrees open doors, there's no denying that, but trades provide the immediate need of income.

Had I to do it over again I would have gotten a trade first and then my 4 year degree.

I wasn't in foster care but l basically raised myself and had no parents... sad but true, so I know how you feel being out in the world with no guidance...I made it out pretty well and I'm sure you will too.