LOOKING BACK: Could Chance the rapper's debut have been worth the "blogging fakkit hipster" hype?

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
sticking to the facts out of his own mouth

his dad was heavy in chi town... even works with obama and in the white house... so lets not pretend there were no connects

he signed with CAA, the biggest entertainment agency in the WORLD... that's why he was getting all these "favor for a favor" covers, awards and pub

3... and most important....

he can't be blamed for using connects... i mean who in their right mind would want to rap... have money, power and a super team... and NOT use them

so is he a plant... ehhhh... he technically still ain't signed so he's not lying

but that buzz is definitely store bought
And supposedly Spike Lee is his uncle.

snapshot-2013-12-02-23-27-28.jpg

Spike-Lee-Chance-The-Rapper-300x300.jpg

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
I'm sure his connection with Spike Lee had nothing to do with his "success" :beli:

That dude is corny and his music is annoying

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
I've seen him on tour and he's horrible live. Killed the whole crowd's vibe. Nobody was feeling it :mjlol:

noumena

All Star
Daps
When I first heard the mixtape, I was wowed because it was something different. But after many repeated listens it's gotten annoying. Chance strikes me as a person that loves the sound of their own voice. I don't fukk with his ad libs, and they really bring down the songs after awhile.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The coli is a collection of nikkas (and cacs) from all over. Be prepared for some people not to like your favorite rapper
I see threads on my 2 favorite rappers everyday. I always have to :cape:. But honestly I have to do it in real life too so I'm used to it :francis:

MF budz

All Star
Daps
So when someone has connects they are a plant? :jbhmm:

:what: Ppl are stupid as hell.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
If you're a dope rapper with bars with a new style and new sounding production, you'll get hype.

You fools are always on your plant shyt when a lot of indie bands and artist in other genres blow up all the time. The difference is that hiphop has a very active online forum and rappers collaborate unlike other genres. Good management is important and his management is no one less than Cara Lewis, he also connected with Childish Gambino early on who have been putting on for free cause he fukks with him.