Los Angeles has entered the 3rd World

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Republicans solution is to kick them out and make it illegal to set camps, that is great for the city to look great but its not humane at all. This is a complicated situation, it does need to be fixed but its not easy. I guess liberals can fix it tomorrow if they pull the Republican tactic, and then they would get unbelievable amounts of hate.

bammtronics

man sit 'cho ass down!
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach
Not at all. California is no more corrupt than every other state in the Union, and it certainly isn't "far-Left." Its largely Democratic by population but a good chunk of California is Republican - hence why social programme updates are routinely killed by conservatives in power.

People outside of CA think we're "far left" cause of our blue streak in the federal elections but :ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
how do you think Republicans would fix this issue?

IMO, the area is the biggest factor rather than politics. Rich moving here, taking over houses, etc. Idiots moving here with no plans and turning homeless.
I don’t. Once again I’m neither R or D nor Indy. I vote who I feel is the best (usually democrat). But you need to conservatism in there too to balance it out.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is what I thought skid row mostly was.

Ppl who moves to LA for stardom, and hit the "skids". Things didn't pan out and then they got on drugs, fried their brain, etc

:ehh:

Cali/LA has been a destination full of transplants since the Gold Rush. Posters in this thread have even stated that this has been a problem for almost half a century... What would constitute this as a transplant problem? Even if said transplant has been there for a quarter century? And are the majority of skid row failed actors/actresses? If so, what is this based off of?

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
So what does that tell you if that its true.....? Homeless people leave a place that has more affordable housing, and more than likely supporting family, just to go live on Skid Row/Downtown SF/etc? Homeless people can pool resources to travel from Maine to LA, but can't better their current situation in their hometown?
They go there because it’s warmer than the other places homeless people come from first and foremost. Secondly people moving from Maine to LA whilst already being homeless is very seamless; you’re not leaving anything behind. It’s not a commentary on the supposed irresponsibility of the homeless who migrate.

They spend thousands of dollars a week on drugs why can’t they use that same hustle to stabilize their lives? See how stupid that sounds?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They go there because it’s warmer than the other places homeless people come from first and foremost. Secondly people moving from Maine to LA whilst already being homeless is very seamless; you’re not leaving anything behind. It’s not a commentary on the supposed irresponsibility of the homeless who migrate.

They spend thousands of dollars a week on drugs why can’t they use that same hustle to stabilize their lives? See how stupid that sounds?

It's not stupid at all.... Let's just say that most are on drugs and can't function in the mainstream(their are a lot of functional drug addicts btw)... do we have a homeless problem, a drug problem, or a housing problem, or some combination of all 3? I haven't even begin to touch that most tend to be black or minorities. and yes, you are leaving something behind leaving the streets of Maine for the unknowns of Cali...... very few are going to leave their borderline safety nets and known hustles for the unknown...... unless...............