Louisiana Brehs, How Do You Explain "Big Freedia"? Lil Wayne Fans Get In Here

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
The bounce scene seems kind of gay from what little i know about it, not that it's only for gays but it openly embraced gay artists
far as i can tell Big Freedia was a legitimate regional artist who was respected in N.O
the fact a tranny was singing songs about twerking and butts and everybody was just riding with it is pretty progressive

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
Birdman used to kiss Lil Wayne on the lips… in public.

The French Quarter has a gay section.

Ellen, Frank Ocean, John Batiste, Lucky Daye, Tyler Perry, etc. are from New Orleans. Gay people have never been a big deal there.

I ran track with some gay dudes.

I just don’t think it’s seen as a big deal in and around New Orleans.
Both them nikkas gay? :what:

Daps
Birdman used to kiss Lil Wayne on the lips… in public.

The French Quarter has a gay section.

Ellen, Frank Ocean, John Batiste, Lucky Daye, Tyler Perry, etc. are from New Orleans. Gay people have never been a big deal there.

I ran track with some gay dudes.

I just don’t think it’s seen as a big deal in and around New Orleans.

Jon Batiste and Lucky Daye are fxggots?? :wtf:

invalid

Banned
Daps
The embracing of certain aspects of LGBT culture is embedded in Louisiana culture. Think it's historical and has to do with the libertine attitudes of the French.

I think it was the rise of gangsta rap's macho culture and outsiders making jokes who didn't understand the culture that makes black Louisianian's get defensive. Otherwise, it's laissez les bon temps rouler. And you can see that clearly if you look at prison culture in Louisiana.

It was kinda the same with Chicago and its House music culture. 90's gangsta rap kinda destroyed it's once widespread appeal especially among the street.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Gay ppl are right y'all be obsessed with them low key.

Big Freedia is a icon down there and so official that A listers like Beyonce and Drake call them when they want to add some Bounce to their records.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
The embracing of certain aspects of LGBT culture is embedded in Louisiana culture. Think it's historical and has to do with the libertine attitudes of the French.

I think it was the rise of gangsta rap's macho culture and outsiders making jokes who didn't understand the culture that makes black Louisianian's get defensive. Otherwise, it's laissez les bon temps rouler. And you can see that clearly if you look at prison culture in Louisiana.

It was kinda the same with Chicago and its House music culture. 90's gangsta rap kinda destroyed it's once widespread appeal especially among the street.
man you need to clean this shyt up. New Orleans is completely different from the rest of the state. Don't be putting that gay shyt on all us.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Gay ppl are right y'all be obsessed with them low key.

Big Freedia is a icon down there and so official that A listers like Beyonce and Drake call them when they want to add some Bounce to their records.

which is stupid AF... Why wouldn't they call DJ Jubilee, Mannie Fresh, DJ duck or black n mild. Drake & Bey probably so demonic they rather deal with fags than the real

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Bounce music and New Orleans legend. This stuff doesn't stay on my mind like it seems to stay on a lot of you dude's minds. I think Freedia's on Instagram. Slide in the DM and leave the rest of us in peace.

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
lol, that random chick with the deep voice on the A Bay Bay (remix)

blame the CIA and Tulane in New Orleans for making the 'the gay serum' around the time they were cooking up the JFK assassination, they were making cancer cells in mice to kill Castro and cooking up the AIDS virus around this time as well on Tulane's residential campus

the contents are in this crazy ass book, read up brehs

www.amazon.com/Dr-Marys-Monkey-Cancer-Causing-Assassination/dp/0977795306

Last edited: