Low key Iron Fist is better than any Marvel Show Netflix done so far...

gho3st

plata or plomo
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Much better fighting too. only thing the other series got over this one is Kingpin.

but Jessica Stroup got old quick mane... :ohhh:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
full

Conz

Superstar
Daps
there are times where an opinion is so out there, that it actualy discredits actual fact. that's what you just did. you discredited fact. even if you personally liked it more, you can't possibly say the fight choreography in this is better than DD.

This also has the weakest lead and villians of the bunch. Harold Meachum is aight, his kids are good but i don't really consider them the villians (haven't watched last episode yet mind you.) they don't compare to those that came before. Even Diamondback, who was corny as fukk, is better. the dude playing Colleen's sensei is brutal. Matt Murdock is an absolute snoozefest, but Danny Rand is worse. Worst written character in the Marvel universe thusfar. (except Darcy from the Thor movies, but she doesn't count)

this show blows and it's not even the actors fault really. they botched it in the writing room, and by having crappy action scenes in a show that is supposed to be about a kung fu immortal who can punch holes through shyt. How hard would it have been to hire a choreographer who works in that genre? Netflix and Marvel print money, and this show looks like it has less of a budget than a typical network comedy. There's no excuse for that, and it's clearly the case, b/c all the characters do on this show is tell you what happened to them. there were at least 10 opportunites to go and show an awesome flashback or something, but they just had the character drone on for 5 minutes about who the fukk knows what. the few scenes in the snow looked like green screen i can buy at Best Buy.

And how can you say the fights were good? Finn Jones trained for 2 weeks. He never looked like he could beat up Colleen's pupils, let alone an entire pack of ninja dudes. There was a fight scene in the 2nd to last episode where Colleen Wing and Davos are fighting, and for no reason whatsoever, they did a splitscreen that looked like i made it in my 9th grade AV class for about 5 seconds. they never once utilized a shot like that again. it was laughable.

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Cottonmouth was corny but Diamonback wasn't:gucci:

Not even gonna read the rest of the post above me...

But OP... No. The best NEW thing about Iron Fist was the asian chick Colleen. She was decent and her fights were decent.

Fight scenes were meh compared to DD and the only good one was Drunken b*stard and the 2 twins. Maybe the one with the sidekick.

It had it's fight scene moments that were dope but dude was literally doing Tai Chi... And he didn't do it well with all the flamboyant poses he used.

Then dude couldn't tell if he was a focused, vengeful man or a whiney, rich child. Hes supposed to be the worlds greatest martial artists yet getting schooled by colleen in weapons. I blame the fight choreographer and the director though.

Then the last episode was such bullshyt that this is at the bottom of my list. Weak fights, weaker villain, weak story. Purpleman, Fisk, Cotton Mouth, Punisher... All dope villains.

BUT it's not too bad of a binge if youre bored and into comics.

I give this last season of AOS >>>>>> Iron Fist in every way.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
my bad, i meant Diamondback. Ali was a good character. I'll edit that

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Agree to disagree.

DD Hallway Fight Season 2 > The Crispus Attucks Complex Sequence > DD Hallway Season 1> The best fight scene in Iron Fist

to me.:manny:

LevelUp

Don't Like My Threads, Blow The Whistle
Daps
there are times where an opinion is so out there, that it actualy discredits actual fact. that's what you just did. you discredited fact. even if you personally liked it more, you can't possibly say the fight choreography in this is better than DD.

This also has the weakest lead and villians of the bunch. Harold Meachum is aight, his kids are good but i don't really consider them the villians (haven't watched last episode yet mind you.) they don't compare to those that came before. Even Diamondback, who was corny as fukk, is better. the dude playing Colleen's sensei is brutal. Matt Murdock is an absolute snoozefest, but Danny Rand is worse. Worst written character in the Marvel universe thusfar. (except Darcy from the Thor movies, but she doesn't count)

this show blows and it's not even the actors fault really. they botched it in the writing room, and by having crappy action scenes in a show that is supposed to be about a kung fu immortal who can punch holes through shyt. How hard would it have been to hire a choreographer who works in that genre? Netflix and Marvel print money, and this show looks like it has less of a budget than a typical network comedy. There's no excuse for that, and it's clearly the case, b/c all the characters do on this show is tell you what happened to them. there were at least 10 opportunites to go and show an awesome flashback or something, but they just had the character drone on for 5 minutes about who the fukk knows what. the few scenes in the snow looked like green screen i can buy at Best Buy.

And how can you say the fights were good? Finn Jones trained for 2 weeks. He never looked like he could beat up Colleen's pupils, let alone an entire pack of ninja dudes. There was a fight scene in the 2nd to last episode where Colleen Wing and Davos are fighting, and for no reason whatsoever, they did a splitscreen that looked like i made it in my 9th grade AV class for about 5 seconds. they never once utilized a shot like that again. it was laughable.
All of this

gho3st

plata or plomo
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

what villain did Luke Cage have? What about Jessica jones? :russ: the only decent villains on these shows were Kingpin. And DareDevil got his ass kick in every major fight...:russ:

Cottonmouth kept taking Ls after Ls...The other villain in luke cage was some army type nikka with daddy issues....

Conz

Superstar
Daps
what villain did Luke Cage have? What about Jessica jones? :russ: the only decent villains on these shows were Kingpin. And DareDevil got his ass kick in every major fight...:russ:

Cottonmouth kept taking Ls after Ls...The other villain in luke cage was some army type nikka with daddy issues....
Mahershala Ali and Alfrie Woodard were essentially villians before cornball Diamondback took over. Purple Man has been the best character on the Marvel Netflix slate so far, imo.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Agree to disagree.

DD Hallway Fight Season 2 > The Crispus Attucks Complex Sequence > DD Hallway Season 1> The best fight scene in Iron Fist

to me.:manny:
in what way exactly? It gets kinda overrated now but it was artful and suspenseful nontheless. Whereas the hallway scene in Luke cage was one big squash, dude looked like big John studd out here taking out jobbers. Tonally it seemed they were playing for laughs