Loyle Carner - Yesterday (prod. Madlib)

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope

Loyle Carner reminds me of the Braintax/Low Life Records days in the UK in the mid 2000's

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
oh shyt bro wtf that beat is amazing, wowww

:jbhmm: where we ranking madlib in our current top 5 yall? i'm talking as it stands right now at this very moment

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
oh shyt bro wtf that beat is amazing, wowww

:jbhmm: where we ranking madlib in our current top 5 yall? i'm talking as it stands right now at this very moment
Current top 5 producers alive, Madlib is in there for sure. I think he's probably the best as far as skills are concerned. I think he'd get a little more love on social media or even here on The Coli if he released a little bit more music than he does, or if he worked with a few bigger names. That's the only reason I think that more casual heads don't throw his name out as the best living right now.

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
Current top 5 producers alive, Madlib is in there for sure. I think he's probably the best as far as skills are concerned. I think he'd get a little more love on social media or even here on The Coli if he released a little bit more music than he does, or if he worked with a few bigger names. That's the only reason I think that more casual heads don't throw his name out as the best living right now.

this is true. madlib is top 5 for me too and low key i think he actually enjoys being a bit elusive and just cooking in the lab until he pops up unexpectedly with that crack. i've already played this video 3 times, it's a mood

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
this is true. madlib is top 5 for me too and low key i think he actually enjoys being a bit elusive and just cooking in the lab until he pops up unexpectedly with that crack. i've already played this video 3 times, it's a mood
I think so too man. Maybe things have changed in the past few years but I know for a while dude didn't have a cell phone and just had a house phone. And would often leave it off the hook so he wouldn't have to be bothered by anyone. I heard a lot of stories about him taking mushrooms and going to the aquarium alone just to trip out on the fish. He's very much a shut-in.