Lu Dort has the worst contract in the NBA

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
The wait is over for Luguentz Dort.

Thunder general manager Sam Presti announced Wednesday that Dort has signed a multi-year contract with the team. Terms of the deal were not released, per team policy, but Marc Stein of the New York Times reported that it's a four-year deal worth $5.4 million

He signed this deal before his playoff run, his agent should be fired. He would get more than that a year as a free agent right now. He is already one of the best defensive players in the league and put one of the best offensive players in the league in a torture chamber for 7 games.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He signed this deal before his playoff run, his agent should be fired.
He started the season in the G League.

Majority of people on this board wouldn’t have been able to pick him out of a lineup before the Houston series.

No one in his position is turning down that guaranteed money.

Last edited:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
If i were him either fake an injury or half ass til ur last year...im not trying hard for the next 2 seasons making 1 mil a year after i was ur best player in game 7....

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y’all acting like this nikka a top 10-15 player or some shyt.

facts :dead:

It's not a great contract at all but at the same time OKC gave him the opportunity that no other team probably wasn't going to. He's gonna get all that back and more on the backend just with the mins he's able to get playing in OKC so ultimately it works out.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yup it’s horrible I understand because the odds of a undrafted player making the nba is slim so you jump at the first chance but Damn what a steal for the thunder
shouldve signed a two year deal.
that being said, he a millionaire. i aint mad at him

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
An undrafted GLeague player not in much of a position to negotiate

And ppl act like he Tony Allen...dude had 1 good series in which he made Harden work a lil harder than usual....kinda weird to crown him now esp when he provides almost nothing offensively
it wasnt even a good series...just a good game lol

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If i were him either fake an injury or half ass til ur last year...im not trying hard for the next 2 seasons making 1 mil a year after i was ur best player in game 7....

this is not the suggested approach in any scenario. dont be greedy either. how many people have the opportunity to make $5 mil? if he dogs that contract, he wont see another check.