Luca Guadagnino’s ‘Bones & All’ | Official Thread | (Starring Taylor Russell, Timothée Chalamet) 11/24

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

The film chronicles a story of first love between Maren (Russell), a young woman learning how to survive on the margins of society, and Lee (Chalamet), an intense and disenfranchised drifter, as they meet and join together for a thousand-mile odyssey that takes them through the back roads, hidden passages and trap doors of Ronald Reagan’s America. But despite their best efforts, all roads lead back to their terrifying pasts and to a final stand that will determine whether their love can survive their otherness.

New Luca :blessed: We Are Who We Are was one of the best shows of 2020. Y’all been warned of greatness. :ufdup:

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross on the score :whew:

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Caught this last night and thought it was solid. May appreciate it more in the future, but for now…just solid.

Luca does a great job making his stories feel like an odyssey. Cast held it down, and Reznor/Ross should no doubt be nominated for Best Score at the Oscars. My main gripe was that I found it hard to get into the romance aspect when both leads are committing straight up vile acts throughout. Just couldn’t vibe with that. Rylance’s presence though boosted many scenes, he came through in moments where the movie was dragging I thought.

Also, did anyone else have a hard time hearing Timothee’s dialogue at the beginning? I can’t even point my fingers at the engineer here, I think dude was straight mumbling. :pachaha:

I felt queasy as fukk during that ending. Those quick frames with the puddles of blood reminded me of crime photos I would see on Investigation Discovery every now and then and just how horrific a situation like that would be if it happened in my life.

The horrorhead in me was saddened this wasn’t creepier, but I still dug the way this blended genres. It can be classified as a coming-of-age romance, but then it’ll hit you with that tense, brooding music and next thing you know you’re watching the two leads diving head-first into intestines like they’re at an ‘all you can eat’ buffet. :picard:

Ending was wild as hell but thankfully not as self-indulgent as the Suspiria remake, so that’s a plus. Luca stepped it up from that movie.

One of my favorite parts about this was the audience, mostly consisting of Chalamet hearthrobees, not knowing what film they just stepped in to watch. :russ:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
i was :russ: out loud whenever they ate...luckily i was the only one in the theater

like in the beginning...I thought she was gon kiss her friend but she slides down and bites her finger :dead:

sully a creepy ass fukker...glad he got, got...that braid collection was nasty

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Caught this today, enjoyed it. Was the only one in the theater for the 1st 25 mins then two others came in :skip:

so yeah this definitely ain't gonna be there long.

Man if you went into this just thinking this was a regular coming of age romance flick. When she bit that chicks finger off :pachaha:

Sully a damn creep.

And the tension in some of those scenes with the other cannibals, where you're just wondering if shyt is gonna go south or not.

wonder if she really ate Chalamet bones n all :pachaha:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
This movie has everything I love about movies, some of my favorite tropes so I ended up enjoying it very much. Super intense and the horror elements were fantastic. Also saw some Chalamet fans heading towards the exit a few times. What stopped it from being a classic were a few things however. One, alot of shyt happens offscreen or in quick made-for-trailers cuts. Chalamet's whole background for instance.

Then, some of the more impactful reveals are kind of glossed over and the ending is rushed and predictable. Cannabalism is clearly used as an metaphor for disenfranchisement and trauma which could've been more subtle as well. Brad's whole thing for instance.

The whole "first rule is never eat another eater" was such heavy foreshadowing because the next person to mention any rules whatsoever was Chalamet. It was so obviously gonna be a Romeo and Juliet type ending. Throwing Kayla in there was purely to wrap up any loose ends, pun intended.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
My girl and I went in thinking it was a vampire movie :mjlol: the entire premise of the movie made this sort of like a dark comedy for me.

Gonna buy the book payday

The movie is kinda slow but it stayed in my head for a few days.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
So, I knew nothing about this a week ago, except for Chalmet, (who is always good) and Luca, who I think is always worth checking out, I was sold on that, and the description, thought it was a romance/coming of age/travel movie, and then I happen to talk to my Dad, and I say I am going to see this, who knows nothing about movies, and he goes "oh thats about cannibals right, you really want to see that?"

Even then, I thought the cannibals were people they encounter on the road or something lol, so that first scene got me. I loved this, I think. It was brilliant, in a very Luca way. Over the top, falters a bit a few times, but so much was so good, I have to say it's one of the best movies I have seen this year. I think some of this had to inspired somewhat by Near Dark, from the costumes, to the trucks, to the killings and concept, and romance. The score and soundtrack was perfect. So many of those just striking shots of Kentucky, all those states.

So much is beautiful, and stunning to look at it, but the violence can be shocking, funny, the tension near unbearable. it's just an unforgettable movie. The scene with Brad and his homie was perfect. Sully was just no words. The scene at the fair, in the fields. The lake scenes. I thought the whole Mom thing was a weak point. Lost momentum a little. The end went over the top, but I expect that from Luca, who aside from Call me By Your Name has NEVER toned it down. Stunning movie. I could watch this again, maybe not in theaters.