Lupe Fiasco rants about Kanye West and materialism

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Who's buying it then?
Lupe is the GOAT to me, but this right here. That might have been his experience with Rolex but that's certainly not everyone. I have two of them myself and haven't had any issues at all. Granted, they're not 5 years old yet, so I haven't hit the point where they would need to be serviced yet, but even still - I knew I was likely going to spend $800 to service my watches if I kept them for more than 5 years BEFORE I bought them. So whose fault is that really? Rolex's or someone that didn't educate themselves before making a big purchase like that? Even if you didn't, I can't imagine someone that's spending $10k or more on a watch is going to all of a sudden not buy it anymore because they'll have to spend $800 in 5 years to make sure it works for another 5 years after that. Not to mention, if you buy retail, your Rolex is - at the very least, worth just as much as you initially bought it for (both of mine are currently worth more than I actually paid, and that's the case for almost everyone I know that has one). So if I told you that your actual cost to wear a Rolex for 5 years was a total of $800, how is that a terrible thing on the company's part?

If he said Hublot or one of these other watches you lose your ass on, then I'd get it. But do you guys think the majority of people who own a Rolex are stressing about an $800 maintenance? Hell nah.
I don't think you guys are getting the point of the story here... Remember, this isn't a basic convo about which brands suck... It's a convo about CHASING after things, then finding out it's not worth the chase, and then being upset about it. These are ANALOGIES about what Kanye did. He was chasing after these brands, holding them high. Chasing after the fashion industry, playing intern.. He was chasing after the record labels, signing back after he got his freedom... And now here he is complaining and crying, as if he didn't know BEFOREHAND, how these people got down...............

Kinda like..................

nikkas chasing these cars, watches and bytches... You know the REAL rich people aren't buying too much of that shyt. And when they found how trash they were, there are documented events of how they reacted and fought. And then they moved on to REAL rich shyt like McClaren's and prototypes and 1 of 1s that don't break down when you drive them daily.

Yea a Rolex isn't a piece of shyt watch... But compare it to some timeless classic brand that we have never even heard of..... Well now you get the difference between the two. You chasing to get some 10k watch with $800 to pay out every 5 years..... But a better company got a better watch, that you don't ever pay out anything again, but they don't have the "buzz" of a Rolex.

You chasing down these IG hoes and flying them out for $5000.. You putting them up on a pedestal. You buying them bags and spending stacks on them... You acting like they the best thing since sliced bread.. But there's better looking women, that you don't know about, that'll do all that and more, and not even worth a fraction of the cost....

Stop chasing bullshyt names. Stop bragging to broke nikkas when rich people laugh at your purchases. Stop bragging bout your 400k car when the owner of Facebook got a Prius that doesn't break down every year and the owner of the 49ers has a private jet.

And definitely don't ignore the warnings, chase everything, then turn around and cry about it when it doesn't work out.. As if they came running to you. When it was you who came running to it.

Nobody feels sorry for Kanye cause he did it to himself

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I don't need the cap I already told you obtuse nikkas get on my fukking nerves. Say what the fukk you mean I won't have to insert shyt.

I already said what I wanted blatantly you smart dumb nikka, why do you keep saying this shyt:mjtf:

You're right you don't hate a city. You hate a whole region. But since I know that you can quit following me like a little hoe.
Again with the assumptions and projecting. You a whole ass lame, overthinking shyt and pinning stuff on a nikka dude.

If you think i hate East/NY shyt, fine idgaf think what you want if it helps you sleep:mjlol:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
One thing I can honestly say, no matter how rich i get, my garage would look something like this
S560
LX 570
LS450
Corvette
Tacoma

Ain't never been one to fawn over the lambos, Bentleys, ferraris, RR etc like these rappers

I'm a Lex guy too.

I drive a ES 350.....I want to get my guap up and cop a new LS 500. I got in one and couldn't believe that shyt