Lupe Fiasco Voices His Opinion On IG About Drake, Meek Mill & Ghostwriting

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Objectively speaking this ramble by Lupe, while articulate, fails to address the true issue at hand...

Should Drake's credibility as a rapper be done?

These lukewarm responses by established premier MCs got me thinking a lot of these rapper ghostin and don't want to ruffle too many feathers in fear of being exposes themselves. :lupe:

Drake is "hot" outchea... :manny:

What hip hop has established is that they will accept fakkits, biters, snitches, informants, racists and pedos as long as they are "hot"

Nobody is gonna speak out against Drake that is in the position to have something to lose...

Nas and Jay have already cosigned people like Ross, Em and Iggy.. Of course Drake is gonna get a pass...

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Drake is "hot" outchea... :manny:

What hip hop has established is that they will accept fakkits, biters, snitches, informants, racists and pedos as long as they are "hot"

Nobody is gonna speak out against Drake that is in the position to have something to lose...

Nas and Jay have already cosigned people like Ross, Em and Iggy.. Of course Drake is gonna get a pass...
Not just hiphop but all of entertainment including sports

If you can entertain us we do not care about anything else above that

pon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can tell who knows how the industry works to those who dont...great piece!

Y'all think Bob Marley was the originator of that style and approach to consciousness?

Nope Peter tosh was, Marley made it digestible

koopz

Pooh
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
You have one song out of his entire career and you don't even know what he wrote. One song doesn't define 7 years worth of work.
Technically we got the Rico verse too cause even though we probably won't hear it I doubt meek was lying about hearing the reference. So that's two.

And that's even more damning cause its a feature. Drake couldn't scribble down his own feature? You letting the light of the stan blind you if u can't see he's done this more than just a few times.

Cause it would be quite the irony if the only two time he's ever in the history of his career used a reference track and flex got his hands on one and meek heard the other. :heh:

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You have one song out of his entire career and you don't even know what he wrote. One song doesn't define 7 years worth of work.

:comeon:
you can't tell me you only think 10 bands is the only song he had passed to him. are you really going to be willingly naive like that?

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Objectively speaking this ramble by Lupe, while articulate, fails to address the true issue at hand...

These lukewarm responses by established premier MCs got me thinking a lot of these rapper ghostin and don't want to ruffle too many feathers in fear of being exposes themselves. :lupe:
That I was the only one who saw that.

Too much politics in rap man. :smh:

Umi

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lupe ghostwrote 400+ albums b.
Lupe Fiasco's The Black Album

:huhldup:

Xbox One X

the kufi smacker
Daps
Reppin
Colifarnia
full

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

Where would you rank Cube if I told you that Del The Funky Homosapien wrote some of his shyt?

What Lupe is sayin is common fukking sense, people have been exchanging ideas and writing for each other for a while and regardless of how much you may or may not like it some of the greatest Hip Hop moments wouldn't exist if we completely took that off the table.

He's riding the fence because the issue isn't black or white. Del writing songs for Cube doesn't negate the fact that he is an MC with a legit skillset and resume....he PUT IN WORK.

The thing about Drake is he doesn't have a lot of history to fall back on. With full reference tracks coming out for a rapper who is supposedly "the best" and in the running with other artists for ranking it's very easy to imagine a scenario where he's just a face.

Some rappers say they have a heart full of anger/How when your lyrics are written by a stranger?

- O'Shea Jackson :salute:

:sas2:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
first line is the toy shyt I been telling y'all this nikka on.
talking bout rappers always took lines from the fukk'n room.
maybe in that cracker jack bullshyt sellout zone you inhabited.
not in the real culture and real talk,...
Lupe never was in the culture in Chicago at all, period.
I shouldn't even read anymore of this script from a toy story face ass movie letter.

you, see....
I keep telling y'all nikkaz...
destroy all toys and biters, kill them all.

stop giving nikkaz passes, just because you wanna fake jax culturally, like them.

this nikka Lupe a fukk'n toy and I been told y'all that.

Art Barr