Lupe Fiasco Vs. Kendrick Lamar

Who's the better emcee?

• Total voters

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if both are on their a-game i gotta roll with lupe, all day. kendrick is a mothaf*ckin animal, dont get it twisted, but I think some people online overrate him a little bit, just a little

• Dap
Reactions: RTF

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Last edited by a moderator:

Gifted one

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
all time, Lupe got him, but Lupe's music has been slippin, and if Kendrick keeps on droppin heat like he has been doing, then I can see him passing Lupe

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
I'd put Lupe's 30 best songs against any rapper of all time. His versatility sets him apart; he has storytelling tracks, straight spittin bars, crazy concept tracks, conscious songs, crazy wordplay songs, etc.

Put it like this, Lupe can do (and has done, many times over) what Kendrick does... however, Kendrick isn't capable of making a Failure, Lupe The Killer, Put You On Game, Twilight Zone, Game Time, etc.

dogg... think about how fukkin genius the whole Michael Young History concept is, with the personification of the game and the streets... he carried that concept over multiple albums and in the end it was a coherent narrative... creatively, Lupe is in a league of his own

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
and if you want to look at it from a catalogue standpoint:

Lupe has 5 mixtapes and 2 albums that are at least 4/5

Kendrick has 1 album and 1 mixtape that are at least 4/5

the more I think about it, this thread is blasphemy... should've said "who is better right NOW"

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I'd put Lupe's 30 best songs against any rapper of all time. His versatility sets him apart; he has storytelling tracks, straight spittin bars, crazy concept tracks, conscious songs, crazy wordplay songs, etc.

Put it like this, Lupe can do (and has done, many times over) what Kendrick does... however, Kendrick isn't capable of making a Failure, Lupe The Killer, Put You On Game, Twilight Zone, Game Time, etc.

dogg... think about how fukkin genius the whole Michael Young History concept is, with the personification of the game and the streets... he carried that concept over multiple albums and in the end it was a coherent narrative... creatively, Lupe is in a league of his own
Ross's whole career is a concept album. Top that:mjpls: