Lupe Fiasco Vs. Kendrick Lamar

Who's the better emcee?

• Total voters

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
I'd put Lupe's 30 best songs against any rapper of all time. His versatility sets him apart; he has storytelling tracks, straight spittin bars, crazy concept tracks, conscious songs, crazy wordplay songs, etc.

Put it like this, Lupe can do (and has done, many times over) what Kendrick does... however, Kendrick isn't capable of making a Failure, Lupe The Killer, Put You On Game, Twilight Zone, Game Time, etc.

dogg... think about how fukkin genius the whole Michael Young History concept is, with the personification of the game and the streets... he carried that concept over multiple albums and in the end it was a coherent narrative... creatively, Lupe is in a league of his own

I do think it's waaaay to earlier to say what Kendrick can and can't do. If we made this thread Prime Lupe vs Kendrick it would be a whole different story.

Kendrick has successfully made a hit song without selling out in The Recipe, let's how the album goes before we give him the crown.

Personally Kendrick gets the win cause Lupe doesn't even sound like he gives a shyt while Kendrick and TDE all sound hungry as fukk right now. Like they only listen and enjoy hip-hop and none of that Trance Techno Wutever the fukk you want to call it music. Kendrick was in the studio while muthafukkas were climbin mt Kilimanjaro. There will always be the oddballs that have to disagree with every one else but you can not deny the message and quality of the music K.Dot has been dropping. Your favorite MC has turned his back on his fans and decided to make songs like "alrighty already the show goes on" and music for Europeans how can you even vote for Lupe at this point.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
I do think it's waaaay to earlier to say what Kendrick can and can't do. If we made this thread Prime Lupe vs Kendrick it would be a whole different story.

Kendrick has successfully made a hit song without selling out in The Recipe, let's how the album goes before we give him the crown.

Personally Kendrick gets the win cause Lupe doesn't even sound like he gives a shyt while Kendrick and TDE all sound hungry as fukk right now. Like they only listen and enjoy hip-hop and none of that Trance Techno Wutever the fukk you want to call it music. Kendrick was in the studio while muthafukkas were climbin mt Kilimanjaro. There will always be the oddballs that have to disagree with every one else but you can not deny the message and quality of the music K.Dot has been dropping. Your favorite MC has turned his back on his fans and decided to make songs like "alrighty already the show goes on" and music for Europeans how can you even vote for Lupe at this point.

so if the thread said "Who's better: MJ or Lebron" you'd say "easily Lebron, he was out winning a championship while MJ was ruining the Bobcats"??... of course not, Lupe has BY FAR a better catalogue of music than Kendrick does, just like Jordan's career trumps Lebron's, despite Lebron being a better player right NOW... hence me saying the thread should have asked who's better as of right now

Lurker

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so if the thread said "Who's better: MJ or Lebron" you'd say "easily Lebron, he was out winning a championship while MJ was ruining the Bobcats"??... of course not, Lupe has BY FAR a better catalogue of music than Kendrick does, just like Jordan's career trumps Lebron's, despite Lebron being a better player right NOW... hence me saying the thread should have asked who's better as of right now

:deadrose: lupe even at his prime could never be compared to mj :skip: and lebron is 9 years deep in the L, kdot isnt even full mainstream yet. lupe's carrer is cedrick ceballos status

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I liked Lupe but never understood the worshipers who hailed him as the new Nas. :wtf:

Anyways Section 80 is better than any piece of work Lupe has put out to me so K.Dot gets my vote.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
:deadrose: lupe even at his prime could never be compared to mj :skip: and lebron is 9 years deep in the L, kdot isnt even full mainstream yet. lupe's carrer is cedrick ceballos status

You nikkas is clowns , kdot doesn't even have a mainstream career yet ; and the leaked food and liqour >>>>>>>>> section 80 anyway

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
never heard a Kendrick Lamar song in my life & don't care to check him out. I remember someone on SOHH outed him as an industry plant :wow: voted Lupe based on his 1st two albums & his Fahrenheit mixtapes :lawd:

kendrick lamark is the most overrated rapper there ever was

EVER? I'd say Jay-Z, Eminem, & Andre 3000 are the most overrated rappers in the history of rap

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
I hate when this happens... I'm actually a fan of Kendrick's music, but the way you dudes are overrating him is something else

he has TWO quality projects... TWO; both of which I thoroughly enjoy, but to sit here and say anything he's dropped is on the level of Food and Liquor, The Cool, or the Fahrenheit 1/15 tapes is just dumb

Lupe has two albums that are widely considered to be classics. Kendrick Lamar has one album... period.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
I hate when this happens... I'm actually a fan of Kendrick's music, but the way you dudes are overrating him is something else

he has TWO quality projects... TWO; both of which I thoroughly enjoy, but to sit here and say anything he's dropped is on the level of Food and Liquor, The Cool, or the Fahrenheit 1/15 tapes is just dumb

Lupe has two albums that are widely considered to be classics. Kendrick Lamar has one album... period.

People are still heated at Lasers being trash, it's clouding their judgement.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town

Section.80 is more enjoyable than Lupe's two projects.

Overly Dedicated is :fire: too

Capitol

Did this work
Daps

Kendrick has three quality projects. The EP has some of his best songs.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Kendrick has three quality projects. The EP has some of his best songs.

Nah he has one OD is average to damn near below ...EP has some cuts but as a whole it's not a complete product, and that leaves section 80 which is where he gained his fans from.

Jet

Banned
Daps
Kendrick is making the better music right now.
Lupe's catalog is much better.

Lupe overall and Kendrick right now...so I guess Lupe?

Overall: Lupe.
Currently: Kendrick.

:clap::clap::clap: