Lupe says he is more culturally Japenese than African

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
In the midst of chaos, people will look to any structure that seems to give them stability and purpose. Lupe is no different.

Before your ego kicks in and you laugh, keep in mind that a bunch of you call yourselves Christians. Or Muslims. Or Black Jews. Or you've been in the military. Or you call yourselves members of NPHC orgs. Any number of different paths chosen blindly, or spoon fed to you as tradition, to help you learn discipline and structure to try finding your way, to know some respite within this beast.

None of that is in any way different than what his pops taught to him. Even if you can't find it in yourself to wish him well, you may want to consider letting that man walk his path in the peace that he's found on it. Especially since not one of you can show how his path has any cultural nor foreign policy toward those who look just like you, and share your blood, that actively harms them.

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
culture =/= race before yall get all hot and bothered

This.

I'm sure he means he prefers Japanese spirituality, philosophy, martial arts, movies, video games, and clothing designers to African stuff.

Nothing wrong with that.

Brothers like Wesley Snipes made similar comments in the 90s.

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
YOU ASKED ME DID I HAVE
ANYTHING IN COMMON WITH CACS
CULTURALLY.

I TOLD YOU NO AND YOU DISAPPEARED.

NOW YOURE ASKING ME ABOUT
SOME bytch IVE NEVER HEARD OF.

TROLL BETTER.
:devil:
:evil:

YOURE DOING THIS WRONG.

WHAT YOU MEAN TO SAY IS DOES SHE HAVE MORE IN COMMON WITH BLACK AMERICAN CULTURE THAN EUROPEAN CULTURE.

Answer the question

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anything but African I guess :yeshrug:
Can't rock with anybody tryna discard the Black.

AFRICAN American over here.
Dapping this post.

How you a whole rapper whose entire musical sensibilities are informed by your
African Ancestry and you're talking about you're culturally "Japanese" cause you
like Videogames and Anime.

I got news for Lupe, I've played many JRPG's, watched an obscene amount of Anime and I own
a large collection of Videogames. Some of my Heroes are dudes like Mas Oyama and Gichin Funakoshi or
Hideo Kojima and Shigeru Miyamoto but I also acknowledge that I'm BLACK, so Huey Newton, Martin Luther King,
Miles Davis, Jay-Z etc. and several others in our history inspire me or influence my thinking.

Can't be king "super duper black culture critic" or whatever talking about you're Japanese Culturally.

shyt gets no points with me a fellow "Nerd".

Daps
YET EVERYONE OVERWHELMINGLY
AGREES WITH ME
WHILE YOURE IN HERE MAKING A FOOL
OUT OF YOURSELF.

"The people in Africa are not descendants of American slaves?"

IM CONVINCED YOUR SOME TYPE OF CAC NOW.

You're caught up in trying to shape this with some ADOS nuance, that you're ignoring that Japan is completely absent in all of this. fukk your denotation bullshyt: his line of descent is from Africa; his ancestors are from Africa; he originates from Africa. The only web he has attached to Japan is through some simulated shyt.

You and anyone else who shares your position are too blinded to see the mordancy of the true image of this smart dumb nikka.

:manny:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Just a incomplete biography for people to see. Either one or both his parents are West African. Dad was Black Panther. Raised a Muslim. Did Karate. Grew up inner city Chicago.
@CHICAGO took the words out my mouth

I believe both his parents are ADOS
If Kodak or one of these new rappers yall hate said this...
No we wouldn't, atleast I wouldn't.

Just like I wasn't mad when Kodak said he prefers LS BW. Altho I didn't like him dissing DS ones

Last edited:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Who are these foreign blacks claiming AA?
The reason ados/ fba were invented as acronyms in ther first place was because black American/ AA had lost their original meanings. Africans and caribbeans all over the internet, including here, were claiming African American instead of Nigerian American or whatever, ie, "as a first generation AA." :mjtf:

Daps
Can't rock with anybody tryna discard the Black.

AFRICAN American over here.
Dapping this post.

How you a whole rapper whose entire musical sensibilities are informed by your
African Ancestry and you're talking about you're culturally "Japanese" cause you
like Videogames and Anime.

I got news for Lupe, I've played many JRPG's, watched an obscene amount of Anime and I own
a large collection of Videogames. Some of my Heroes are dudes like Mas Oyama and Gichin Funakoshi or
Hideo Kojima and Shigeru Miyamoto but I also acknowledge that I'm BLACK, so Huey Newton, Martin Luther King,
Miles Davis, Jay-Z etc. and several others in our history inspire me or influence my thinking.

Can't be king "super duper black culture critic" or whatever talking about you're Japanese Culturally.

shyt gets no points with me a fellow "Nerd".
giphy.gif

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You're caught up in trying to shape this with some ADOS nuance, that you're ignoring that Japan is completely absent in all of this. fukk your denotation bullshyt: his line of descent is from Africa; his ancestors are from Africa; he originates from Africa. The only web he has attached to Japan is through some simulated shyt.

You and anyone else who shares your position are too blinded to see the mordancy of the true image of this smart dumb nikka.

:manny:

FOH CAC
YOUVE EXPOSED YOURSELF.

DUDE HAS 4 BLACK BELTS
AND GREW UP LEARNING JAPANESE TRADITIONS.

HE DOESNT KNOW shyt ABOUT
AFRICAN CUSTOMS.

RUN ALONG.