Madlib & Oh No - The Professionals (Discussion)

Milk

Pro
Daps
Reppin
England
I just came across this on Spotify.

Never knew they were going to release this. What do you guys think about it?

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Big fan of both these dudes. Found this to be kind of mid

Extremely. Just finished listening to it in full.

Only song I think is actually good is Payday. The rest is honestly background music. It's not bad, it just doesn't require or demand any attention.

full

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
dont think much of it, it reminds me of the weird Blu/MED album Bad Neighbor

shame,i was really looking fwd to this. he has albums w/ Fly Anakin and Westside coming, so im still hopeful for a good year

Rappcats is a poorly run business, btw. issues with every single order i ever placed

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
dont think much of it, it reminds me of the weird Blu/MED album Bad Neighbor

shame,i was really looking fwd to this. he has albums w/ Fly Anakin and Westside coming, so im still hopeful for a good year

Rappcats is a poorly run business, btw. issues with every single order i ever placed

Only song (and honestly, it's more the beat) that I even like/remember from that project is Drive In.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
i liked Knock Knock w/ DOOM. weird ass album tho, no real set sound or theme. Blu sounded bored, i was surprised at how lame the project was

I love Madlib, but "prod. by Madlib" isn't always a guarantee of top quality.

When he's good he's one of the greatest, but when he's not it can sound really directionless, or like you said no set sound or theme. Sometimes he relies heavily on the obscurity of the sample and doesn't do enough to actually make it a fire beat.

You gotta have a consistent good ear like Gibbs clearly does to sift through his hard drives and find the A1 shyt.

But this is just my opinion. His "lesser" shyt is still better than some people's best.

:yeshrug:

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
ok so far so good...

give n take is straight up west coastin boom bap riding music. hella smooth..

but super human?? omg wtf got into this nikka chino xl b? lol he murdered that track jesus christ