MAGA is once again attacking Fani Willis alleging she is dating the special prosecutor hired to prosecute Trump co-defendant Michael Roman

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Take a nap nikka

Me saying, hey, Black ppl should know they gotta be spotless, especially when going after Trump, is not helping white supremacy

It's the truth, and why she has all the attention on her right now

I didn't make the world, I'm just a Black man living in it

And she couldn't find nooooooobody else to take the case?
I just woke up.

Yea, you definitely have the right to say that black people need to move flawlessly due to the history of powerful black folks in this country, what you don't have the right to do is criticize somebody who did not violate any type of actual law, unwritten rule (literal married couples are DA and Prosecutors on same cases in this country) or conduct issue. She did absolutely nothing wrong from every drop of information we have.

Did she pay him back in cash? Most likely, but if she didn't, that's still not a conflict of interest in this case. Abd once again, it's not her job to prove she did, it's their job to prove she didn't. I think it's dumb asf for online nikkas to think that people who run law firm can't pay for trips with their own money, and it's no proof either way. They literally can't do anything to prove her wrong, so it's irrelevant. This will definitely lead to her finances being looked at, and if she has been fukking around with funds, then I will say that she needs to be penalized. Period.

Your problem is allowing the media to control the narrative around YOUR mind. Just because everyone is focusing on it means absolutely nothing if it's dismissed and the case continues, which will most likely happen next week. People like YOU are allowing Trump's tactic of public opinion court to work. Pink bytch is doing the same shyt all around the country, has been doing this type of shyt for years, but the people challenging him need to be perfect?

Nygga. fukk that

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Photos Reveal Fani Willis' Court Nemesis Campaigned for Nathan Wade​

Published Mar 04, 2024 at 5:23 AM EST

00:50
Fani Willis Stung by Potential Last Minute Testimony Against Her

By Sean O'Driscoll
Senior Crime and Courts Reporter
FOLLOW

Adefense lawyer who claimed that Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis' former boyfriend is not qualified to prosecute Donald Trump previously volunteered for his election campaign, photos filed in court have revealed.

Ashleigh Merchant, the lawyer for one of Trump's co-defendants in the Georgia election fraud case, made headlines in February after a heated cross-examination of Willis and again for her cross-examination of the district attorney's former boyfriend, prosecutor Nathan Wade.

ashleigh merchant

Facebook photos submitted in court by Fani Willis, the Atlanta District Attorney and Nathan Wade, the chief prosecutor in the Donald Trump election fraud case, show defense attorney Ashleigh Merchant volunteering for Wade's judgeship election... MoreFULTON COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE

Merchant, who represents Trump's co-accused, Michael Roman, suggested during cross-examination and in court papers that Willis had only hired Wade because they were in a relationship and that Wade was not qualified to prosecute the election fraud case in Georgia.

Trump pleaded not guilty to all 13 charges against him and has said the case is politically motivated because he is the front-runner for the GOP presidential nomination. Roman, a former Trump staffer, has also pleaded not guilty to similar charges.

In an increasingly bitter court battle, Willis and Wade have now submitted Facebook posts of Merchant campaigning for Wade when he was running for a judgeship in 2016.

They include photos of Merchant campaigning at the Marietta Greek Festival in Georgia on May 15, 2016.

"Vote Nathan J. Wade! Enjoying some Greek music while getting the word out!" Merchant wrote in the post. Her two photos show the front and back of her Wade campaign T-shirt.

A week earlier, on May 9, 2016, she wrote a lengthy post in favor of Wade.

"Nathan is ethical," she wrote at the time. "Nathan has demonstrated his ability to be fair and impartial and to follow the law while serving as a judge. Nathan currently serves as an Associated Municipal Court Judge. He is a former Pro Hac State Court Judge. Experience Matters."

Willis' office submitted the Facebook posts to Judge Scott McAfee, who is overseeing the trial of Trump, Roman and 13 others in the Georgia election fraud case.

Newsweek sought comment on Sunday from Merchant via Facebook Messenger and from Willis's office via email.

donald trump carolina

Donald Trump speaks during a campaign event at Greensboro Coliseum on March 2, 2024 in Greensboro, North Carolina. Trump is facing election fraud charges in Atlanta, Georgia.ALEX WONG/GETTY IMAGES

Writing about herself in the third person in a reply brief, Merchant accepted that she campaigned for Wade but said she only did so because the other candidate was accused of judicial misconduct.

"Included in the District Attorney's Response are pictures from Mr. Roman's counsel's Facebook page showing that she supported Wade in his 2016 judicial race against incumbent Reuben Green. It is no secret that Mr. Roman's counsel worked tirelessly to defeat the incumbent judge against whom Wade ran," Merchant wrote in her reply brief.

"With only two candidates in the race, one of whom had been accused of serious judicial misconduct, Wade was most definitely the most qualified of the candidates on the ballot."

Her posts are no longer publicly available.

READ MORE

Since 2010, Wade has run for Cobb County Superior Court judge at least four times. He twice challenged incumbent Judge Reuben Green—including in 2016, when Green was mired in ethics complaints stemming from alleged conflicts of interest that ultimately prompted the Georgia Supreme Court to vacate several convictions, The Washington Post reported.

She also reiterated that it was Wade and Willis who had ethical questions to answer.

"If they had nothing to hide in the first place because they did nothing wrong, then why did they intentionally not tell anyone about it until they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar? This highlights the very reason why this Court cannot just take their word for it," she wrote.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
The comments upthread ain’t holding up…

Turns out dude ain’t qualified…

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
The comments upthread ain’t holding up…

Turns out dude ain’t qualified…

How so?

I'm gonna need some of you arm chair law firm recruiters to truly expand on this because as far as I can see, he's brought several of these cases through grand juries and has recieved guilty pleas. Seems like he's been able to handle the job to me.

Convince me that you aren't just repeating shyt you heard from Michael Roman's media blitz.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
How so?

I'm gonna need some of you arm chair law firm recruiters to truly expand on this because as far as I can see, he's brought several of these cases through grand juries and has recieved guilty pleas. Seems like he's been able to handle the job to me.

Convince me that you aren't just repeating shyt you heard from Michael Roman's media blitz.

Name one such case. Just one.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Name one such case. Just one.

Ummm... I was specifically referring to his accomplishments with regards to this Rico case. What the hell man, are you even paying attention?!?! Keep up He's doing the job he was hired to do but for some reason you don't think he's qualified.

Are you finally going to list why he's not qualified?

Last edited: