Major protests going on in Brazil.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.(Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chavez Ravine, California
There has been much government spending to help build and refurbish soccer stadiums across the country, which are currently experiencing massive cost overruns (currently projected to run three times more than South Africa's bill for the 2010 World Cup, according to Marcella Martha and Kris Voakes in a special report for Goal.com).

To help fund the shortfall, the Brazilian government recently announced increased rates on metro and bus fares of about 10 cents. It was a decision that enraged the citizenry, as the hike was viewed by many as an affront to the working and poorer classes.

Frustrated by the government hikes, which began on June 1, demonstrations began being organized throughout the country.

ridiculous.. typical government

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Why? This is the white man's kingdom. Let it burn.
good point.

I've considered that. The problem is....

the masses of my tribe (black americans) love this shyt, and love the ruling classes, love the media, feel that they are appreciated because they are used for entertainment, and are for the most part hopeful that they will make it past their current situation and don't look at the big picture.

I don't want them to sink w the shyt... while I'm protesting greedy capitalist , privacy laws and foreign policy with a group of white hipsters.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Not surprised...I hope they do the same during the World Cup and Olympics. Embarrassing the government is sometimes the only way to get your point across. If you got tickets to fly to Brazil in 2014...might as well cancel now and go in 2015.

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good point.

I've considered that. The problem is....

the masses of my tribe (black americans) love this shyt, and love the ruling classes, love the media, feel that they are appreciated because they are used for entertainment, and are for the most part hopeful that they will make it past their current situation and don't look at the big picture.

I don't want them to sink w the shyt... while I'm protesting greedy capitalist , privacy laws and foreign policy with a group of white hipsters.

Being honest, alot of our people need to go. Our people heads are stuck up the white man's ass, and they don't even know it. They love America and will do anything to keep it going as long as they can get the new IPhone, the new Air Yeezy's/Jordan's, and watch Love and Hip-Hop. We have to come out of Babylon spiritually before we get anywhere. I rejoice in seeing this place fall.

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
Its not just that though, brazilians pay the most expensive of all products, iPhone is 2500 reais, common cars like Honda and Hyundai are 3x the value compared to in the states etc. and it's the goverment that profits and prospers while not investing in education and basic necessities. Now is also the best time to protest because international media is in Brazil and the spotlight is on Dilma and the PT goverment, where is Lula during all this?

I'm sure other countries' leaders are looking at Brazil's politics wishing they could do the same to their own population, protests will probably get out of hand soon because the number of participants just keep on growing.

I heard it already got out of hand at a soccer game or something and they had to stop the game and then the police were using excessive force on the people and shyt

Brazil got bad hos but goddamn that shyt is a mess

Daps
Good for Brazil to fight for a higher standard of living and against government corruption.

Wish we could do that in the USA

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
You nikkas will NOT! I repeat will NOT! fukk up my life long dream of going to Brazil and filming my own personal culioneros

guweY0m.gif

la la la la la....la la la la la...total ignoring the fukk out of y'all and everyone in brazil

protest that shyt after I leave....please and thank you

I'm trying to knock 3 joints off my bucket list.