Making a Better Football Fan

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
That and putting too much on these young dudes who are still learning. He appears to wanna pjt that on himself though.

I can understand wanting to keep it simple especially early on, switching defensive philosophies can be a nightmare, so this is a gamble, and like we talked earlier all this install to fukk around and bounce next season (i thought about it more, still no telling but if he was a stay put kind of guy, he’d probably be in Stillwater)

:camby: We don’t do Lou Holtz round here

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
@DropTopDoc Like you said, we'll see...I think Day might have learned his lesson though---in the sense of if he could go back in time after Hafley left, he wouldn't be such a stickler about forcing a system on the guys, especially with unproven commodities like Coombs, etc. If this system works, even if Knowles leaves, bring somebody in who can run the exact thing.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
@DropTopDoc Like you said, we'll see...I think Day might have learned his lesson though---in the sense of if he could go back in time after Hafley left, he wouldn't be such a stickler about forcing a system on the guys, especially with unproven commodities like Coombs, etc. If this system works, even if Knowles leaves, bring somebody in who can run the exact thing.
I don’t think Coombs is unproven it’s more, recognizing some systems work with a certain level of talent, and you have to keep adapting the system of the exploits of Don Brown is at Bama or uga they would break their neck to hire him somewhere, the cover 3 with single high safety is great until you no longer have a bosa bro or young at edge, what we have to understand a lot of our favorite coordinators are products of the talent at particular times, and don’t have a change up

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

Here’s a great example of how a specific player can allow your coach scheme things regular players can’t allow you to do, it’s tragic what happened to that man, but ruggs was something special

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

The rare full back give, with a power look, space coyote calls it a trap, but usually when a lineman leaves another comes in to replace and catches the greedy DT getting upfield to quick so I’m not quite sure

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I used to be HEAVY into this shyt to the point i would break down every Packers game from 2002 to 2007. I stopped because my IRL friends would be clueless even on something so simple as a zone vs man defense. I also became more casual to the game as they slowly ruined it with more rules and crap that makes defenses obsolete. I think last season was the first time in a couple of years where i had any emotions attached to the game whereas before i would eat and sleep football.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
I used to be HEAVY into this shyt to the point i would break down every Packers game from 2002 to 2007. I stopped because my IRL friends would be clueless even on something so simple as a zone vs man defense. I also became more casual to the game as they slowly ruined it with more rules and crap that makes defenses obsolete. I think last season was the first time in a couple of years where i had any emotions attached to the game whereas before i would eat and sleep football.

Sometimes we fall in and out of love with the game, I’m glad you got back into it, man feel free to drop in and talk shop bruh, it’s a lot of brothas who could use some knowledge, i know everyone isn’t going to come in and admit hey can you break this down or whatever so i just post the info, as games come, and the inexplicable threads on hot takes and knee jerk reactionary takes come, i think this thread will serve it’s purpose