Malignaggi vs Broner

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Paulie has a good chin,so it's hard to tell whether Broner's power has gone at 147. However, B level fighters like Khan looked better against paulie.

I'd like to see broner against a big puncher.

but he definitely isnt mayweather...the ring intelligence isn't there...

hell even a c level fighter like cano looked better against paulie...i expected paulie to be busted up and he was fine after the broner fight...broner has above average athleticism yes but not above average boxing skills...hes 23 though so the window is there to improve...because if he doesn't improve they turn into fighters like andre berto and thats not a good thing at all lol

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I woulda gave the fight to Malignaggi last night and let him retain the belt.

While Broner is obviously the more impressive fighter physically, Paulie brought the fight to him and landed more IMO. Although the punches were relatively weak, I was impressed that he was able to push himself through the whole 12 rounds throwing at that rate.

He wasnt just hitting Borners gloves and elbows, he connected on a lot more than people are giving him credit for in here. Broner had impressive moments few and far between. Was let down by him because I felt if he put some real combos together and went at Paulie he couldve knocked him out in any round, especially when paulie was tiring and leaving his hands down.

I didnt see enough to take the belt away from the champion, who carried the fight, put more work in, and landed more :manny:

Paulie did everything he couldve done in reality to win the fight. I feel some of the scores were scored in a way that was "Broner is SUPPOSED to win", Broner also had a lot of cheapshots and what shouldve been penalties and points taken by the referee (dude was garbage last night). The elbows, kicking/low blows, not needed from a guy that has talent like Broner, real disappointing.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How, his face was red from leather the first round be serious bro

he landed absolutely nothing the entire fight, he was never the agrressor, Bronon constantly pursued him

What fight were you watching? Paulie clearly won the first two rounds. Just because you didn't see marks on AB's face, doesn't mean Paulie wasn't landing jabs.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Paulie has a good chin,so it's hard to tell whether Broner's power is gone at 147. However, B level fighters like Khan looked better against paulie.

I'd like to see broner against a big puncher.

but he definitely isnt mayweather...the ring intelligence isn't there...
It's not just the ring intelligence, they both have completely different approaches...Mayweather is focused on protecting himself and counter punching...Broner is more focused on his offense and flashy combination punching...

Broner also unlike Floyd hasn't shown any ability when it comes to footwork...Dude is a flat footed plodder, he likes to stand in the pocket...Floyd is a pocket puncher to but he bounces out and resets after he throws his hands...Boner just stands there and gets hit...Broner doesn't have one punch stopping power but he likes to stand and bang as if he does...That is a recipe for getting KTFO against dudes who can punch...Hopefully Broner is a man of his word and fights whoever wins that poll...

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paulie did hit Broner more than Broner hit him but dudes punches had zero power, which is why Broner kept goading him on.

Paulie was hitting dude with flurries and Broner was laughing at him cause half of the shyts were missing and the ones that did connect had no oopmh

Broner hit Paulie with punches and he was staggering at least 3-4 times

Regardless though, Broner won this fight.

Not trying to argue with you but I've seen others say the same thing about Paulie hitting broner more.

official stats were

Paulie - 214 of 843
Broner - 246 of 524

Broner actually hit Paulie more and obviously landed more Power shots.

Anytime this happens usually the power puncher wins and I can't remember the last itme a power puncher out landed a jabber and lost.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Broner is a great fighter, but he his going overboard with is floyd jr act. His post fight interview was too much. But he's a winner, and frankly he can say whatever he wants until someone beats him.

Lets be real..Pauly had no shot. Yeah yeah he was busy, but those punches were weak as f ck. Broner picked his spots, but he did DAMAGE, and he was efficient. I thought it was unanimous, but I understand the split decision.

good analysis, there's really no way you should have Paulie winning unless you stopped watching after round 4. You can win on aggression if the other person isn't engaging, that's not the case Broner was engaging.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
nikkas still kicking this dumbshyt...:snoop:

I thought this nonsense would be officially deaded after the Cotto fight...
Well this just shows how dumb you are then. Pacquiao has been the same 1 handed 1 dimensional fighter in the 6 fights since Cotto that he was before Cotto.
:comeon:

pacquiao is faster than broner
pacquiao is a far more harder puncher than broner
pacquiao is a better combination puncher than broner
pacquiao has a better more tested chin than broner
pacquiao has a higher activity rate than broner

lol at ring generalship and more versatile...youre clearly throwing words out there to try to make a point and you prolly haven't seen a whole lot of broner and/or pacquiao fights..and pacquiao has power in both hands..look at the cotto fight as an example

defense is subjective...unless you're a great counterpuncher like jmm is you will have hard time hitting pacquiao because chances are you will get 3-4-5 hard punches back at you..if he had bad defense im sure the likes of morales, barrera, de la hoya, cotto, margarito, and hatton would have been easily been able to beat him..defense is more than just a philly shell..in case you didn't know this is broner's best win to date and its not saying much and by far it doesn't equal pacquiao's best wins..paulie put hands on him with speed alone and combined with activity made the fight close....if paulie didnt have bad hands broner would have been in trouble..there's nothing versatile about broner..he copies the philly shell, stands stationary, and walks you down

its been that way in all of his fights since his hbo debut....user who utilizes the philly shell must be flexible with it...broner is far too stationary and gets hit way too much with it...this was exposed in his fight on HBO against ponce de leon which im sure since you watch boxing you've seen that fight and/or who who he is..and he got a gift because of that..since that fight they've kept him away from known punchers who can expose that particular weakness....at 147 he better pray that he doesn't fight anybody with pop who he can't walk down and there are some fighters at 147 other than pacquiao that fit the bill
:salute:I'm glad that you edited that "check my coli respect" shyt out.

Speed isn't a skill. Just for the record, I don't necessarily agree that Pacquiao is faster than Broner. Even if he is, the difference is negligible.

Power isn't a skill either

Pacquiao supposedly being a better combination puncher isn't about skill either. He throws more combinations than Broner does because Broner's style is more defensive. Pacquiao throwing more combos doesn't automatically make him a better combo puncher. Again, Pacquiao's style is 1 dimensional and predictable for the most part. He paws with the jab to set up the big left.

:snoop: The ability to take a punch is not a skill. A fighter's chin has nothing to do with how skilled he is. Neither does activity rate. It's starting to become clear that you don't really know what boxing skills are. Boxing skills are the kind of things that I listed previously such as the jab, defense, the ability to punch with both hands, ring generalship, the ability to adapt/adjust, versatility in attack, ect. Speed, power, and chin are natural physical gifts for the most part. They aren't skills.

Miss me with the bytchmade discredit tactics. If you want to know what I have and haven't seen then ask. You sound like a fukking idiot, yet you're up here trying to discredit me because you don't agree:childplease:

Yes, Broner has more ring generalship and is more versatile than Pacquiao. Broner's ability to walk his opponents down alone gives him the edge in this category because Pacquiao can't do it. Pacquiao's inability to cut off the ring very well is why he didn't finish guys like Mosley, Clottey, and Marquez. It's the reason that Cotto made it to the 12th. As far as Pacquiao having power in both hands, other than the Cotto fight when has Pacquiao displayed this on a consistent basis? Where was the right hand against Marquez, Bradley, Mosley? Pacquiao is basically a 1 handed fighter and this is common knowledge. Broner has severeal different ways of attack. He can attack leading with the jab, right hand lead, and left to the head or body. He can even switch from conventional to southpaw just to give a different look. Pacquiao doesn't do any of that. Pacquiao pretty much attacks the same way all of the time. He darts in and out pawing with the jab to set up the big left.

What do you mean saying defense is subjective? Defense is the ability to not get hit. Pacquiao has been touched up by just about everyone that he's faced except Hatton, not just Marquez. Clottey touched him up and he was barely throwing. Margarito touched him up even though he's a walking mummy/punching bag. Cotto touched him up, and so did Bradley. Pacquiao has never been hard to hit. It's like you said, his offense is his best defense. His defensive skill in and of itself is subpar. Broner's defense isn't elite yet either, but it's better than Pacquiao's.

You're sounding like a Broner hater who's just cheerleading for Pacquiao here on the strength of that. Save all the Broner hate, I'm just stating the obvious. I didn't say that Broner was a better fighter(that's yet to be determined), I said that he's more skilled. As far as him being exposed by Matthysse, I'd take that bet all day. Matthysse is becoming the next Pacquiao the way that people are overrating him. Broner would expose him, not the other way around.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Broner did the minimum because that's all he needed. The last time I can remember a fighter spending the WHOLE fight swaggin' out on nikkaz was Roy Jones, sh*t was just :wow: Broner spent the whole time lookin' at Paulie like
tumblr_moklxcxMNk1rz36j2o2_100.png
Nikka boxin' with Kobe's FG% and people are questioning his skill? :what:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Well this just shows how dumb you are then. Pacquiao has been the same 1 handed 1 dimensional fighter in the 6 fights since Cotto that he was before Cotto.
:salute:I'm glad that you edited that "check my coli respect" shyt out.

Speed isn't a skill. Just for the record, I don't necessarily agree that Pacquiao is faster than Broner. Even if he is, the difference is negligible.

Power isn't a skill either

Pacquiao supposedly being a better combination puncher isn't about skill either. He throws more combinations than Broner does because Broner's style is more defensive. Pacquiao throwing more combos doesn't automatically make him a better combo puncher. Again, Pacquiao's style is 1 dimensional and predictable for the most part. He paws with the jab to set up the big left.

:snoop: The ability to take a punch is not a skill. A fighter's chin has nothing to do with how skilled he is. Neither does activity rate. It's starting to become clear that you don't really know what boxing skills are. Boxing skills are the kind of things that I listed previously such as the jab, defense, the ability to punch with both hands, ring generalship, the ability to adapt/adjust, versatility in attack, ect. Speed, power, and chin are natural physical gifts for the most part. They aren't skills.

Miss me with the bytchmade discredit tactics. If you want to know what I have and haven't seen then ask. You sound like a fukking idiot, yet you're up here trying to discredit me because you don't agree:childplease:

Yes, Broner has more ring generalship and is more versatile than Pacquiao. Broner's ability to walk his opponents down alone gives him the edge in this category because Pacquiao can't do it. Pacquiao's inability to cut off the ring very well is why he didn't finish guys like Mosley, Clottey, and Marquez. It's the reason that Cotto made it to the 12th. As far as Pacquiao having power in both hands, other than the Cotto fight when has Pacquiao displayed this on a consistent basis? Where was the right hand against Marquez, Bradley, Mosley? Pacquiao is basically a 1 handed fighter and this is common knowledge. Broner has severeal different ways of attack. He can attack leading with the jab, right hand lead, and left to the head or body. He can even switch from conventional to southpaw just to give a different look. Pacquiao doesn't do any of that. Pacquiao pretty much attacks the same way all of the time. He darts in and out pawing with the jab to set up the big left.

What do you mean saying defense is subjective? Defense is the ability to not get hit. Pacquiao has been touched up by just about everyone that he's faced except Hatton, not just Marquez. Clottey touched him up and he was barely throwing. Margarito touched him up even though he's a walking mummy/punching bag. Cotto touched him up, and so did Bradley. Pacquiao has never been hard to hit. It's like you said, his offense is his best defense. His defensive skill in and of itself is subpar. Broner's defense isn't elite yet either, but it's better than Pacquiao's.

You're sounding like a Broner hater who's just cheerleading for Pacquiao here on the strength of that. Save all the Broner hate, I'm just stating the obvious. I didn't say that Broner was a better fighter(that's yet to be determined), I said that he's more skilled. As far as him being exposed by Matthysse, I'd take that bet all day. Matthysse is becoming the next Pacquiao the way that people are overrating him. Broner would expose him, not the other way around.

power and speed are not skills they are tools yes but being able to utilize correctly at a high level is a skill..if it wasn't pacquiao would have not have the career he has had because there are plenty of fighters who have power and/or speed but are not anything great...im not a broner hater at all i just dont rate him too highly and certainly not above the likes of matthysse...he's entertaining as a fighter sure...he has above average athleticism which is what it is with broner now..the skills remain to be seen

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Not trying to argue with you but I've seen others say the same thing about Paulie hitting broner more.

official stats were

Paulie - 214 of 843
Broner - 246 of 524

Anytime this happens usually the power puncher wins and I can't remember the last itme a power puncher out landed a jabber and lost.

You shouldn't go by those numbers, most of those numbers could come in just a couple of rounds, it's who wins each and every round.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
power and speed are not skills they are tools yes but being able to utilize correctly at a high level is a skill..if it wasn't pacquiao would have not have the career he has had because there are plenty of fighters who have power and/or speed but are not anything great...im not a broner hater at all i just dont rate him too highly and certainly not above the likes of matthysse...he's entertaining as a fighter sure...he has above average athleticism which is what it is with broner now..the skills remain to be seen
I agree that Pacquiao has done a great job of using his tools to become a good fighter. (Juicing suspicions aside) Pacquiao's speed, power, awkward and explosiveness has covered up holes in his fight game for the most part. Arum deserves credit for his matchmaking and public manipulation skills as well. His boxing skills are still limited and he's rather undisciplined in the ring a lot of times though. That's why he jumped into that Marquez right hand.

I don't know if you're a Broner hater or not, but you're not giving him his full props if you refuse to acknowledge that he's skilled. The kid clearly is highly skilled. He's not PBF, but the fact that he could pull off an effective imitation is impressive. Just curious, what makes Matthysse a clearly superior fighter to Broner in your opinion? I feel that Matthysse is being overrated like you feel that Broner is being overrated.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You shouldn't go by those numbers, most of those numbers could come in just a couple of rounds, it's who wins each and every round.

1. I was just responding to the misconception that Paulie "landed" more punches in the fight. That's why I posted the stats.

2. We all saw the fight by now and I think we can pretty much attest to the fact that after round 4 Broner was tagging Paulie more and with harder shots than Paulie was hitting Broner. So what you quoted is true, except it was Paulie who built up a punches land lead in his first 4 rounds when Broner was barely throwing.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

official stats were

Paulie - 214 of 843
Broner - 246 of 524

Fair enough...that at least supports the idea that dude was throwing punches like a mad man at Broner to no avail

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What fight were you watching? Paulie clearly won the first two rounds. Just because you didn't see marks on AB's face, doesn't mean Paulie wasn't landing jabs.

What fight you watched? When did Broner get hit it in the first round, he didn't touch him. I say him pawing at his gloves man.
In between rounds they never even showed highlights have paulie touching him man.

The broner hate is strong already.

There's no marks on his face because he didn't get touched.
I don't care how weak Paulie you hit anybody the amount of times the punchstats says he hit him he would be marked up.

Paulie took a beating, was he even at the post fight conference
why you think he had that hat on at the post fight conference he didn't come in ring with that shyt on. Dude was beating up. His face was lumped up and he marks all over his body.

When the last round ending did Paulie display any signs of him being a WINNER or a possible WINNER IN A CLOSE FIGHT

He didn't even RAISE HIS ARMS. He got his ass kicked the entire time man.

Broner better stop with the antics and get a PR team, because when he gets into a close fight foreal he gonna lose that shyt man they hate this guy.

Some bytch at the post fight was just going in on Broner to his handlers, about he's not this he's not that, he can't do this, but when broner came out she didn't say none of that shyt to him.

The split decision was insult to anybody with intelligence man
it was one sided beat down, he was completely outclassed I don't know how in the hell anybody can say anything different.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What fight you watched? When did Broner get hit it in the first round, he didn't touch him. I say him pawing at his gloves man.
In between rounds they never even showed highlights have paulie touching him man.

The broner hate is strong already.

There's no marks on his face because he didn't get touched.
I don't care how weak Paulie you hit anybody the amount of times the punchstats says he hit him he would be marked up.

Paulie took a beating, was he even at the post fight conference
why you think he had that hat on at the post fight conference he didn't come in ring with that shyt on. Dude was beating up. His face was lumped up and he marks all over his body.

When the last round ending did Paulie display any signs of him being a WINNER or a possible WINNER IN A CLOSE FIGHT

He didn't even RAISE HIS ARMS. He got his ass kicked the entire time man.

Broner better stop with the antics and get a PR team, because when he gets into a close fight foreal he gonna lose that shyt man they hate this guy.

Some bytch at the post fight was just going in on Broner to his handlers, about he's not this he's not that, he can't do this, but when broner came out she didn't say none of that shyt to him.

The split decision was insult to anybody with intelligence man
it was one sided beat down, he was completely outclassed I don't know how in the hell anybody can say anything different.

I was watching wannabe Floyd vs Guido. Mad people don't get marked up in fights, that doesn't mean they didn't get hit. I ain't hating on AB, I'm saying he didn't win every single round.