Man, it doesnt get any fukking better than the Wire

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I know this thread has probably been made 100s of times already but I'm sorry. This is my third time watching the series and i find myself asking, "Why isnt this the 6th time I'm watching it?"

Every scene is so intricate.

I dont think I've ever seen a show that manages to tackle such sensitive themes...i mean we got:

Sex
Drugs and Violence
Addiction
AIDS
Homosexuality from both sexes
Perils of Marriage
Politics
and even adultery in later seasons

all the while adding such humor to the show. I am only on season one too. I mean it's impossible to pick a favourite character. One dude might like Stringer, might like the style of Marlo instead. You got the youngns in season 4. You got the legendary McNulty. Carver and Herc for the comedy. Man the show is just too surreal.

I watched it for the first time in 2005...but I dont know how you nikkas really managed to watch one episode a week. :why: I wish it was in Canada/HBO was on basic cable. I remember going to school discussing Soul Food episodes with my nikkas from elementary school in the morning. The Wire discussions would have been epic :ohlawd:

My rant is done. I will leave yall with one of my favourite scenes.

IT GETS NO BETTER

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I remember watching Oz back when tv-links was up. I think after a certain season like mid way through it just cut off though.

Watching the Wire for the third time...I might have to seriously put it above Seinfeld for my favourite show ever :wow:

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
I remember watching Oz back when tv-links was up. I think after a certain season like mid way through it just cut off though.

Watching the Wire for the third time...I might have to seriously put it above Seinfeld for my favourite show ever :wow:

I had the dvds for the wire..sh!t jus dissappeared tho smh

you watchin it online? Been tryna find it online for years

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
One of the greatest series of all time

OZ was pretty dope too

The wire I watch over and over., it never gets boring to me, and always notice subtle things you never noticed before

Oz was my shyt too, they just started going too far with beecher and his bf, gay shyt:manny:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
2nd favorite show only after Friday Night Lights