Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Story is a hoax

We regret to inform all you wrestlers out there that the story about Robin Olson and his fight-to-the-death with a mountain lion was as a hoax.

Local California news station KSBY first reported the story, by way of a video interview in which Olson claimed that while hiking with his young son in Prefumo Canyon, he was attacked and defending himself by breaking the mountain lion's neck. The video has since been removed.

The piece included photos of scratches on the arms and legs of Olson, while the somber looking San Luis Obispo resident reasoned that hiking off-trail was the reason he came across one of the 5,000 mountain lions that live in the state. What made it so believable, however, was the mention that Olson had been a collegiate wrestler, injecting just enough plausibility for everyone to fall for it.

"It's horrible, I mean, I love animals. I just happened to be in her space by accident," he said.

Well, the cat is out of the bag.

“Upon further investigation, his claim has been determined to be a hoax,” wrote KSBY on Monday afternoon. “Officials with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife interviewed Olson on Monday and say he admitted the story was fabricated.

“KSBY News staffers attempted, but failed, to independently confirm his claims prior to the broadcast of this story. We sincerely apologize to our viewers and will work hard to make sure additional protocols are in place to make sure this kind of error does not happen again.”

Oh, well. In hindsight, we should have known better. Everyone knows the only real way to defend yourself against a ravenous cougar is to sit into open guard, arm drag, and use the rear naked choke.

Update: The ‘Wrestler Beats Mountain Lion’ Story Is a Hoax | FIGHTLAND

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Story is a hoax

We regret to inform all you wrestlers out there that the story about Robin Olson and his fight-to-the-death with a mountain lion was as a hoax.

Local California news station KSBY first reported the story, by way of a video interview in which Olson claimed that while hiking with his young son in Prefumo Canyon, he was attacked and defending himself by breaking the mountain lion's neck. The video has since been removed.

The piece included photos of scratches on the arms and legs of Olson, while the somber looking San Luis Obispo resident reasoned that hiking off-trail was the reason he came across one of the 5,000 mountain lions that live in the state. What made it so believable, however, was the mention that Olson had been a collegiate wrestler, injecting just enough plausibility for everyone to fall for it.

"It's horrible, I mean, I love animals. I just happened to be in her space by accident," he said.

“Upon further investigation, his claim has been determined to be a hoax,” wrote KSBY on Monday afternoon. “Officials with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife interviewed Olson on Monday and say he admitted the story was fabricated.

“KSBY News staffers attempted, but failed, to independently confirm his claims prior to the broadcast of this story. We sincerely apologize to our viewers and will work hard to make sure additional protocols are in place to make sure this kind of error does not happen again.”

Oh, well. In hindsight, we should have known better. Everyone knows the only real way to defend yourself against a ravenous cougar is to sit into open guard, arm drag, and use the rear naked choke.

@everyone who thinks they can defeat a mountain lion via hand skills.

lol @ everyone who thinks they can snuff a chimp.

:dead: @ everyone who thinks they can figure four a giraffe.

Lithe

All Star
Daps
Story is a hoax

Ok, but I still read this thread like :russ: especially when I read "hard on Pumas."

The Coli, y'all... Thanks for helping me close out this long Monday with a laugh.