Manifest Destiny: Claiming the West Starts with Taming the Wolves! Official Mavs (#5) vs. Timberwolves (#3) WCF Thread

Who goes to the NBA Finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Not true. Just youthful exuberance. A 6’5 star SG trying to guard Kyrie all game was just stupid. He’d even be better guarding Luka.

But just get Ant off them dudes and Minnesota should win this series. Might need to start NAW over Conley. NAW/Daniels on Luka/kyrie. Ant just chillin on D should avg 30.

Now if he doubles down and comes back still on Kyrie :snoop:

Luka would love if Ant tried to guard him

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Like I said earlier. That Wolves blitz defense only emboldens the Mavs. You never do that on a pick and roll heavy team. It allows Luka and Kyrie to

1. Pass to Lively and Gafford for lob dunks
2. Pass to wide open 3 point shooters
3. Luka-ball with foul baiting
4. Kyrie straight up blowing by extra aggressive defenders

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Edwards is nice but he’s not on that consistent superstar level yet. They crowning him too early. Doesn’t know how to manage a game yet. Needs to figure out how to be a consistent presence/threat in the game even when he’s not scoring.
The Michael Jordan stuff was a joke to anyone with even a rudmimentary understanding of Jordan's game, and not worth commenting on but I'm going to do it just for fun. Young Jordan was more explosive, higher basketball IQ, more relentless, better finisher, quicker first step, etc. etc. And he also was navigating in a much more compact paint and would go around you, over you, cat like reflexes allowed him to contort in all kinds of ways to get a bucket and on and on. You just have to look at young Jordan footage and not be blind or an idiot to see that.

I like Edwards, and I hope he has a long, HOF career but the media's attempt to force feed this type of stuff is embarrassing at this point.

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
The Michael Jordan stuff was a joke to anyone with even a rudmimentary understanding of Jordan's game, and not worth commenting on but I'm going to do it just for fun. Young Jordan was more explosive, higher basketball IQ, more relentless, better finisher, quicker first step, etc. etc. And he also was navigating in a much more compact paint and would go around you, over you, cat like reflexes allowed him to contort in all kinds of ways to get a bucket and on and on. You just have to look at young Jordan footage and not be blind or an idiot to see that.

I like Edwards, and I hope he has a long, HOF career but the media's attempt to force feed this type of stuff is embarrassing at this point.
i dont' even think anthony edwards is a superstar yet

they looking for the next player to crown so bad

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
Gobert likes to play drop coverage, which is an issue against Dallas. Against die hard analytics teams, it can work because their perimeter defenders can fight around screens. But Luka and Kyrie will take AND make middies. That's a bread and butter shot for them. They also started the screens so far up the floor that they got running starts going to the rim.

Looking at the box score and seeing Gobert having by far the best +/- on the team is shocking. He didn't grab many boards and Luka/Kyrie can get a good shot any time he's out there.

this is why I'm not a huge fan of analytics because half the time they don't tell you the whole story

Yup. This series is over.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
McDaniels is just too light in the ass for Luka. His length and athleticism are negated because Luka is using strength and angles to have his way.

Hopefully everybody can appreciate Lu Dort if you don't already. Luka had games in the OKC series where put up numbers...but there were also times where Dort had Luka in a straight jacket and frustrated to the point of getting emotional.
Luka got him when it mattered:youngsabo:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Dallas is gonna be tougher than I thought. The one thing they did was take away the Wolves drives. Everytime they drove the basketball it either resulted into a turnover or just a bad shot. Ant and Kat had horrible games imo. You aren't gonna win games shooting 49 three point attempts. Then points in the paint 62-38. The good thing is both Wolves stars had bad games and the game was close the entire time.