Marianne Williamson for President #2020: Marianne For America - Reparations

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Same here.

I was in shock when I got the email -- and saw the video.

100 Billion to be paid over 10 years. The issue is making sure we have the RIGHT leaders on the board to make sure it's dispersed correctly.

This isn't none of my business, but you honestly feel 100 Billion is sufficient for what Blacks have and continue to endure in America?

To put in perspective, Amazon and Apple themselves are Trillion dollar/near Trillion dollar companies.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
100 billion over 10 years? As we see fit?:ohhh:

Addressing mass incarceration?

I’m just on the first video, and I like what she’s talking about.

I’m going to get some more information on her, but yea, everything I’m hearing sounds good.

I might have a candidate in 2020. Let me share this.

Yeah - I like her.

Two of her books really changed my life.

This one especially...

The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles

AggiePride336.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Just the fact that we have people discussing reparations is a testament to all those who have been trying to actually demand something from these politicians.

If we’re to get reparations, it’ll be due to all of us who didn’t give up. If we’re to get actual black issues on the table and passed, it’ll be due to us who demand it, and have stated that we’ll stick to our guns and stand firm until we get it.

Those who clown and get on you now, the ones who say things like reparations or black issues will never happen, it’s always been known you have to ignore them and keep pushing. They’ll jump on board when those of us actually pushing make head way.

Man, let’s keep at it!

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
This isn't none of my business, but you honestly feel 100 Billion is sufficient for what Blacks have and continue to endure in America?

To put in perspective, Amazon and Apple themselves are Trillion dollar/near Trillion dollar companies.

Definitely not. But, that would be SOMETHING -- more than anyone else ever has offered. She is also trying to fix the systems and laws in place that aid in our historical issues.

Also, we can go after companies separately. In addition to what she proposes.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm so . . confused . .I was just reading up on an article saying dr.king was killed not by the bullet but by hospital staff who told nurses to leave the room while they finished him off to come to an article with a white woman preaching reparations :wow: make it 1 trillion

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Just the fact that we have people discussing reparations is a testament to all those who have been trying to actually demand something from these politicians.

If we’re to get reparations, it’ll be due to all of us who didn’t give up. If we’re to get actual black issues on the table and passed, it’ll be due to us who demand it, and have stated that we’ll stick to our guns and stand firm until we get it.

Those who clown and get on you now, the ones who say things like reparations or black issues will never happen, it’s always been known you have to ignore them and keep pushing. They’ll jump on board when those of us actually pushing make head way.

Man, let’s keep at it!

Exactly, if we keep talking about it aggressively -- and demanding. We will make it a national, mandatory convo.

1 other person

Superstar
Daps
Meh. I am probably a natural pessimist. But with even the slim chance in hell the white man actually gives reparations. I fail to see how it will help our condition as a whole. So, you decide to spend 100 billion dollars over 10 years to help Blacks specifically.... How will that money be spent? Who will directly or indirectly get the money? Who will make sure the money is properly spent and no one tries to take advantage of the situation?

On an individual basis, will it have any effect on our qualify of life? We have approximately 42 million African Americans in this country. 100 billion divided by 42 million is $2,380. You're going to justify what happened to my ancestors for $2,380 per person? If so, you can keep your fukking money.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Definitely not. But, that would be SOMETHING -- more than anything else ever offered. She is also trying to fix the systems and laws in place that aid in our historical issues.

Also, we can go after companies separately. In addition to what she proposes.

Gotcha. Like I said it's not my place to say what should or shouldn't happen just giving my opinion.

To me people often over simplify this stuff with simply 'cut the check' talk, but that could set a dangerous precedents without complete system overhaul and establishment of a protected class for AADOS. You could end up with a 'Ok we cut a check, now back to practicing white supremacy', and anytime AADOS speak about it WS hit the 'come on we cut the check quit complaining'.

At the end of the day I don't have the answers because my background isn't in Policy, so like I said I'm just giving my two cents.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Same here.

I was in shock when I got the email -- and saw the video.

100 Billion to be paid over 10 years. The issue is making sure we have the RIGHT leaders on the board to make sure it's dispersed correctly.

that billy seems a bit short but i'm cool with some of that being made up in land with NO property tax assessed

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Meh. I am probably a natural pessimist. But with even the slim chance in hell the white man actually gives reparations. I fail to see how it will help our condition as a whole. So, you decide to spend 100 billion dollars over 10 years to help Blacks specifically.... How will that money be spent? Who will directly or indirectly get the money? Who will make sure the money is properly spent and no one tries to take advantage of the situation?

On an individual basis, will it have any effect on our qualify of life? We have approximately 42 million African Americans in this country. 100 billion divided by 42 million is $2,380. You're going to justify what happened to my ancestors for $2,380 per person? If so, you can keep your fukking money.

Did you watch the video?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

yeah like on principle it seems kinda wild to say 'hey the 100 people who went through hell before me were worth 3 racks". I would think from an implementation stand point you would need to create a much more complex system to support and protect AADOS than a simple lump sum. To me the lump sum talk is borderline insulting. Look at Israel and how they got their reparations, it was something much more complex than 'cutting a check'.