Marianne Williamson for President #2020: Marianne For America - Reparations

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Gotcha. Like I said it's not my place to say what should or shouldn't happen just giving my opinion.

To me people often over simplify this stuff with simply 'cut the check' talk, but that could set a dangerous precedents without complete system overhaul and establishment of a protected class for AADOS. You could end up with a 'Ok we cut a check, now back to practicing white supremacy', and anytime AADOS speak about it WS hit the 'come on we cut the check quit complaining'.

At the end of the day I don't have the answers because my background isn't in Policy, so like I said I'm just giving my two cents.

No, I appreciate respectful questions and conversations. Thank you.

It's not just about a check. It's about as she states "economic and educational revitalization."

BUT, separately, hundred of U.S. companies need to pay separately for the hand in not only enslavement -- but their crimes against us after emancipation -- all the way up to today.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Meh. I am probably a natural pessimist. But with even the slim chance in hell the white man actually gives reparations. I fail to see how it will help our condition as a whole. So, you decide to spend 100 billion dollars over 10 years to help Blacks specifically.... How will that money be spent? Who will directly or indirectly get the money? Who will make sure the money is properly spent and no one tries to take advantage of the situation?

On an individual basis, will it have any effect on our qualify of life? We have approximately 42 million African Americans in this country. 100 billion divided by 42 million is $2,380. You're going to justify what happened to my ancestors for $2,380 per person? If so, you can keep your fukking money.

Thats because nikkas like you dont think...

If I was in charge of that shyt , I wouldnt be handing out checks. tf? nikkas not gettin ANY $ from me!

But i would be doing hella
business loans for blacks
Massive $$$$ into HBCUs and private schools for blacks
Free college
Mental health counseling FREE
Tax Exemption
Free Trade School
Lower Interest or requirements for home ownership
Grants and loans for those interested in cannabis cultivation since nikkas been gettin washed for it
Bootcamps and Start up $$

200 Billion over 20 years , one generation . Thats fair . Only mfs opposing that are cacs

All types of shyt that can and SHOULD help nikkas

THINK

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land

If I was in charge of that shyt , I wouldnt be handing out checks. tf? nikkas not gettin ANY $ from me!

Free college
Tax Exemption
Free Trade School
Grants and loans for those interested in cannabis cultivation since nikkas been gettin washed for it

THINK

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
Just the fact that we have people discussing reparations is a testament to all those who have been trying to actually demand something from these politicians.

If we’re to get reparations, it’ll be due to all of us who didn’t give up. If we’re to get actual black issues on the table and passed, it’ll be due to us who demand it, and have stated that we’ll stick to our guns and stand firm until we get it.

Those who clown and get on you now, the ones who say things like reparations or black issues will never happen, it’s always been known you have to ignore them and keep pushing. They’ll jump on board when those of us actually pushing make head way.

Man, let’s keep at it!
Just the fact that 1yr ago, the mere thought of repartions even being mentioned(publicly) seemed laughable to some, speaks volumes to where we're at, and our resolve. #Tangibles

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
No, I appreciate respectful questions and conversations. Thank you.

It's not just about a check. It's about as she states "economic and educational revitalization."

BUT, separately, hundred of U.S. companies need to pay separately for the hand in not only enslavement -- but their crimes against us after emancipation -- all the way up to today.

I think Elijah Muhammad had probably the best model, but how practical it would have been is a different discussion/something that's up for debate.

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
Meh. I am probably a natural pessimist. But with even the slim chance in hell the white man actually gives reparations. I fail to see how it will help our condition as a whole. So, you decide to spend 100 billion dollars over 10 years to help Blacks specifically.... How will that money be spent? Who will directly or indirectly get the money? Who will make sure the money is properly spent and no one tries to take advantage of the situation?

On an individual basis, will it have any effect on our qualify of life? We have approximately 42 million African Americans in this country. 100 billion divided by 42 million is $2,380. You're going to justify what happened to my ancestors for $2,380 per person? If so, you can keep your fukking money.
:what: then just shut up if you don’t want it. Can we at least get to the fukking point where we can lay out the guidelines Jesus Christ

I don’t understand y’all with this thinking

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
thats 2500 per black person

40 acres and a mule is worth more than 100 billy

It's not a check. It's investing and economical revitalization in our communities, businesses and education intuitions. That's jobs, homes, land, banks, businesses -- building wealth.

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If she was black she'd be called slurs like "hotep" by many HL frequenters on here.

Very interesting, hope she gains some momentum.

It's so crazy to think reparations are thought of as "extreme", yet the US bombs and rebuilds other countries costing trillions of dollars, spends hundreds of billions on foreign aid but can't repair black American communities? Insane.

1 other person

Superstar
Daps

Free college
Tax Exemption
Free Trade School

THINK

No, nikkas like you dont think. Nor have you took energy to properly read my paragraph. I didnt go straight to the idea of cutting a check. I asked in the first paragraph, how the money would be spent. But you ignored that for daps. Or you lack functioning reading comprehension. Im not going to go through each of the ideas you mentioned, but do you have any idea how much the things you suggested would cost? Student tuition alone is anywhere between 10 to 21K per student in a year. 100 billion over the course of 10 years wouldnt put a dent in half of things on your list.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
It's not a check. It's investing and economical revitalization in our communities, businesses and education intuitions. That's jobs, homes, land, banks, businesses -- building wealth.
100 billion is robbery compared to what the number should truly be

and yes it should be a check
fake ass black leaders shouldnt decide for everyone what to do with money their ancestors earned