Marine father giving emotional first salute to son as commissioned officer

douche

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

A video showing a Marine master sergeant getting choked up while saluting his son after becoming a second lieutenant has gone viral.

The father, identified as Master Sgt. Michael Fisher, posted the video to TikTok where it has racked up over 3 million views in just a few days.

"Rendering my son his 1st salute!" Fisher captioned the video.

"I’ve watched you grow and mature and become the man that you are today," Fisher, who was in his dress blues, said. "You have always been respectful by saying, ‘Yes, sir, no sir; yes ma’am, no ma’am.’ A salute is a sign of respect. It is a privilege to render you your first salute."

The two men are about a foot away from each other, and Fisher slowly raises his right hand to his right brow. He chokes up and continues, "It’s even a greater honor to say congratulations, sir, for your commission."

The son, who is dressed in his utility uniform, salutes his father.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn that has to be a proud ass feeling...I understand kids are cute/fun but this is definitely the end goal right here...raising your child to become a decent ass adult who might actually give something back to the world he/she was brought in

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not sure about this
:yeshrug:

I love seeing a Black father love his Black son, because no white man will do that.

But does the brother not know that they sent and send Black soldiers to the front line and into danger FIRST..?

My entire goal would for my son to do ANYTHING but go down that path.
Military families are just different.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not sure about this

I love seeing a Black father love his Black son, because no white man will do that.

But does the brother not know that they sent and send Black soldiers to the front line and into danger FIRST..?

I mean... the military is a job just like anything else.... most brothers knew what they were signing up for to better their future or get their family ahead.....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not sure about this

My entire goal would for my son to do ANYTHING but go down that path

So you would be ok with your son doing what what in America exactly?

Last edited:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
tenor.gif

:salute:

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not sure about this

I have 18 years of military experience and I'd like to tell you that you have no clue what you're talking about

Last edited:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Not sure about this

Some of ya'll try way too hard. I'm no fan of the military industrial complex but at the end of the day that shyt gives ppl opportunity to do something with themselves. I know nikkas who aint have shyt going for themselves even with degrees and had kids. They joined the military and now they've made something for themselves. I'll never knock that. Also I think traditional frontline warfare might be a thing of the past.