Mark Hunt: Why would anyone want to be a UFC fighter if this is how much we get paid?

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
He is making millions though.
Silva....
He's more valuable than his bank account and fight money is showing. If he's not the MJ, he's at least the Kobe of MMA and along w endorsements his fight % should be around 5+ mill.

GSP isn't making shyt compared to what he puts out in training fighting effort... this canadian made less than 5 mill career total. That shyt sucks.

If Jon Jones wasn't making his own side hustle money his shyt would suck to.

The UFC knows what fighters go there so that is just disrespectful. However, I'm not saying give everyone a big salary or give champs grossly huge salaries... We don't want them to NHL MLB their organization and have to push back salaries to stay in business.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Silva....
He's more valuable than his bank account and fight money is showing. If he's not the MJ, he's at least the Kobe of MMA and along w endorsements his fight % should be around 5+ mill.

GSP isn't making shyt compared to what he puts out in training fighting effort... this canadian made less than 5 mill career total. That shyt sucks.

If Jon Jones wasn't making his own side hustle money his shyt would suck to.

The UFC knows what fighters go there so that is just disrespectful. However, I'm not saying give everyone a big salary or give champs grossly huge salaries... We don't want them to NHL MLB their organization and have to push back salaries to stay in business.

He's making 5+ million. There was a rumor a while back that Anderson's purse for UFC 148 was 7 million [this is not including sponsorships and PPV cut]. This number does seem inflated, but I believe that in total [purse, PPV, sponsorships,etc.], Anderson makes close to 9-10 million a fight. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if he made more than that.

GSP is by far the PPV king, he probably easily clears 5 million a fight. Like Anderson, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he makes close to 10 million a fight. This number includes purse, PPV money and sponsorships.

Let's use Overeem as an example. His contract details with the UFC were made public. From what I remember, he made close to 1 million from the UFC alone [PPV and fight purse] for his UFC 141 fight. If somebody like Overeem [who is not a champion and doesn't have 1/10 the drawing power of GSP] can make close to a million. Imagine what GSP makes.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
You're taking the disclosed purse too seriously. That's just the very base pay. Top draw fighters [like Anderson and GSP] make a lot more than what is disclosed to the public.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
andersons money should last him a lifetime, living in brazil is much cheaper

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
just curious. how much do non-main event boxers make ?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
He's making 5+ million. There was a rumor a while back that Anderson's purse for UFC 148 was 7 million [this is not including sponsorships and PPV cut]. This number does seem inflated, but I believe that in total [purse, PPV, sponsorships,etc.], Anderson makes close to 9-10 million a fight. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if he made more than that.

GSP is by far the PPV king, he probably easily clears 5 million a fight. Like Anderson, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he makes close to 10 million a fight. This number includes purse, PPV money and sponsorships.

Let's use Overeem as an example. His contract details with the UFC were made public. From what I remember, he made close to 1 million from the UFC alone [PPV and fight purse] for his UFC 141 fight. If somebody like Overeem [who is not a champion and doesn't have 1/10 the drawing power of GSP] can make close to a million. Imagine what GSP makes.

Anderson Silva's purse for UFC 148 was $200,000 breh. He received another $75,000 because he won via KO which brought his total UFC PURSE to only $275,000:scusthov:

PAYDAY: UFC 148 Salaries - Silva vs Sonnen II Purse Amounts and Bonus Payouts for 7/7/12 in Las Vegas | MMAmadman: An MMA Resource - UFC Blog Fight Cards Events Results Rankings Rumors Videos MMA WMMA

That $275,000 is EXTREMELY low for a fighter that's supposed to be the GOAT in Anderson Silva and the $50,000 Chael Sonnen received for fighting him in the rematch was disgusting:snoop:

Yes, they also got a pct of the PPV (which they had to share with all the other fighters) and Silva also received $500,000 from Burger King on a side deal for wearing their logo.....but that doesnt change the fact that the UFC only guaranteed their #1 P4P fighter at the time $200,000 for a fight.

Compare that to the fact that the UFC grossed 6.9 million in ticket sales, had a 925,000 buy rate at $60 for the ppv. However the UFC themselves only paid out around 1.32 million in combined purses to 14 fighters for UFC 148 which means the UFC after paying the fighters still got screwed.

UFC 148 tops MMA gate receipts in Nevada - Mixed Martial Arts Blog - ESPN
Pay-Per-View Buyrates For UFC 147, UFC 148 And UFC 149 - Bloody Elbow
Forrest Griffin tops UFC 148 purse/win pay at $275K - ESPN

Adrien Broner made 1.5 million to fight Paulie Malignaggi, who himself made 1.1 million, to fight on free cable:win:

UFC is stingy with the money

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
just curious. how much do non-main event boxers make ?

The last PPV Boxing Match was Floyd vs Guerrero.

Mayweather vs Guerrero PPV Purses:

Floyd Mayweather: $32 mill
Robert Guerrero: $3 mill

Daniel Ponce De Leon: $375,000
Abner Mares: $165,000

Leo Santa Cruz: $165,000
Alexander Munoz: $25,000

J'Leon Love: $100,000
Gabriel Rosado: $65,000

Mind you, that's not including ANY PPV pct, bonuses, unknown additional monies....that's straight for stepping in the ring.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/5/3...llion-guerrero-3-million-showtime-boxing-news

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Anderson Silva's purse for UFC 148 was $200,000 breh. He received another $75,000 because he won via KO which brought his total UFC PURSE to only $275,000:scusthov:

PAYDAY: UFC 148 Salaries - Silva vs Sonnen II Purse Amounts and Bonus Payouts for 7/7/12 in Las Vegas | MMAmadman: An MMA Resource - UFC Blog Fight Cards Events Results Rankings Rumors Videos MMA WMMA

That $275,000 is EXTREMELY low for a fighter that's supposed to be the GOAT in Anderson Silva and the $50,000 Chael Sonnen received for fighting him in the rematch was disgusting:snoop:

Yes, they also got a pct of the PPV (which they had to share with all the other fighters) and Silva also received $500,000 from Burger King on a side deal for wearing their logo.....but that doesnt change the fact that the UFC only guaranteed their #1 P4P fighter at the time $200,000 for a fight.

Compare that to the fact that the UFC grossed 6.9 million in ticket sales, had a 925,000 buy rate at $60 for the ppv. However the UFC themselves only paid out around 1.32 million in combined purses to 14 fighters for UFC 148 which means the UFC after paying the fighters still got screwed.

UFC 148 tops MMA gate receipts in Nevada - Mixed Martial Arts Blog - ESPN
Pay-Per-View Buyrates For UFC 147, UFC 148 And UFC 149 - Bloody Elbow
Forrest Griffin tops UFC 148 purse/win pay at $275K - ESPN

Adrien Broner made 1.5 million to fight Paulie Malignaggi, who himself made 1.1 million, to fight on free cable:win:

UFC is stingy with the money

The 200K that you're talking about is the base purse that is disclosed to the public. The 7 million was the rumored pay for Anderson from the UFC, this includes his total purse, and any and all types of bonuses involved. If you really believe that Anderson was only guaranteed 200K from the UFC, I don't know what to say to you. Those numbers that are disclosed to the public are skewed. According to those numbers, Overeem is guaranteed more money from the UFC than Anderson. Do you really believe that to be true?

Same with Chael's purse. Do you really believe that his purse from the UFC was 50K? The dude generated a lot of hype for the rematch [Anderson should've sent him a gift basket for his hard work]. I am positive he made a good amount more than the disclosed 50K from the UFC.

Only select fighters get a cut of the PPV. Why would this be shared with every single fighter?

I agree, the UFC is stingy with their money. However, this stinginess is primarily felt by the lower and mid-tier fighters. For the most part, the champions and elite fighters are paid well.